Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Decline # PLEASE!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Decline # PLEASE!!

Who has a number for credit, I called one of the back door numbers and she was a nasty something and said there was no credit department and that Capital One does not issue cards to people with bankruptcy's. the call didn't go well in the end obviously! won't go into all of it.

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 10-10-2008 03:08 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Decline # PLEASE!!

THEY ARE FULL OF CRAP!

she tells me to write a letter to general correspondance and tell them why I deserve a credit card even though I have bankruptcy. she says there is no department to do manual review over the phone. (thats a lie isn't it?)

Someone who has been declined capital one and got it in the end, PLEASE help me.

Now I'm just mad because they pulled all 3 reports and I'm not getting anything. I would settle for $300 (my lowest cl) for the 3 pulls!

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Capital One does not issue cards to people with bankruptcy's.

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 10-10-2008 03:08 PM

She is full of something that rhymes with IT! I have seen several people on this forum, who not only have BK's, but included Cap 1 in their BK get another Cap 1 card. 

Of course I have been denied a record four times by them! No more Recons for me, they don't work.

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well in the end we got in a fight because I didn't know how she got her "Manager" job with a credit card company she obviously knew nothing about. I was like I promise they give credit cards to bankruptcy and I promise you have a credit department, she told me no to both. I said you are dead wrong and hung up, decided to be nice today! I had a lot more to say.

I personally got capital one after my first bk, so there.

usually if i apply, it says no because of bad accounts with them and does not pull my credit. this time it says nothing about account standings or deliq, just bk and pulled all 3 credit reports.

so makes me think my account has been deleted from capital one and if we could just get around this bk i could get a card again! i guess thats what i get applying for something i don't really need (3 hard pulls)

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not kidding. The reason I did four recons was because they pulled all three. I wanted to get my Hard INQ's worth. From what I am reading lately, this might be a blessing that I did not get one of their crappy starter cards. 
Message 5 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

how did you do recon??
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the first time, was declined by an evil woman. (Maybe the same one you spoke to.) Sent a letter, outlining my two baddies and reasons for my recent INQ's. Declined again. So I called the third time... the CSR said she was going to "recommend" that I get a card. Only with a $300 limit. I thought that meant my recon was succesful, I even put a THANK YOU on the board here. Last week I got a letter from Cap 1, no, it wasn't successful. They then asked me to send "amended" copies of my credit reports to their "investigations department" at a PO Box in Utah. I sent those in earlier this week. We'll see.

I am not holding my breath, but I do need a third TL so my points can go up.   

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Someone who has been declined capital one and got it in the end, PLEASE help me.

I guess you're getting it "in the end" either way right? Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Shnapple wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

I guess you're getting it "in the end" either way right? Smiley Very Happy

OUCH!!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry!! It's been a long, tiring day.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.