Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Declined

not just capital one, most if not all CC issuers. they don't  like to see their cardholders take advances, it screams "high risk" and sets off huge red flags. if you ever take a cash advance out on a CC (which i personally do not recommend and would never do myself), do not carry it as a balance. PIF asap or risk getting an AA letter in the mail. 

Message 11 of 16
john398
Senior Contributor

Taking $20 cash out seems to be like one is  desperate for cash even though you were just testing it...I know you are not just saying how it may look to the bank

Message 12 of 16
dp321
Regular Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

I can understand why your mad. It is what it is. I agree, any card company that offers cash advance shouldn't get suspicious, after all you can charge it up with purchases and not pay either, so what's the difference. That being said, it will make them nervous. Just establish more history with them and you will be fine. These people that talk about Capital One being "sub-prime" are full of it. Capital One offers prime cards as well, so..Don't let it make you mad, it just spooked them maybe. 

Credit cards are trackable, cash is not. In the of a identity theft, as in what Cap1 probably suspects in OP's case, the supposed crooks can just make away with the money and be gone. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Re:the supposed crooks can just make away with the money and be gone. 

Can't the supposed crooks make off with the goods as well? Cameras are everywhere. Especially on ATM and inside banks.

CCC's take a risk giving any one a card. PERIOD 

But Anyway, LOL

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point. However, statistically speaking, when a card holder takes out a CA for a sizeable amount of their CL or when they max out their card; the likely hood of default increases exponentially. These are major indicators and they send CCC's scurrying in a mad panic. AA letters soon follow.

Message 15 of 16
Candicane

Appreciate the feed back from everyone. I now have a better understanding on why this action was taking againest my account. I know now that I will not make this mistake again. Lesson learned!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.