mrnerok

Re: Capital One Declined

not just capital one, most if not all CC issuers. they don't  like to see their cardholders take advances, it screams "high risk" and sets off huge red flags. if you ever take a cash advance out on a CC (which i personally do not recommend and would never do myself), do not carry it as a balance. PIF asap or risk getting an AA letter in the mail. 

Senior Contributor
john398

Taking $20 cash out seems to be like one is  desperate for cash even though you were just testing it...I know you are not just saying how it may look to the bank

Regular Contributor
dp321

jeffery581 wrote:

I can understand why your mad. It is what it is. I agree, any card company that offers cash advance shouldn't get suspicious, after all you can charge it up with purchases and not pay either, so what's the difference. That being said, it will make them nervous. Just establish more history with them and you will be fine. These people that talk about Capital One being "sub-prime" are full of it. Capital One offers prime cards as well, so..Don't let it make you mad, it just spooked them maybe. 

Credit cards are trackable, cash is not. In the of a identity theft, as in what Cap1 probably suspects in OP's case, the supposed crooks can just make away with the money and be gone. 

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
jeffery581

Re:the supposed crooks can just make away with the money and be gone. 

Can't the supposed crooks make off with the goods as well? Cameras are everywhere. Especially on ATM and inside banks.

CCC's take a risk giving any one a card. PERIOD 

But Anyway, LOL

Capital One QuicksilverOne MC| MTV Visa | Sony Visa | NFL Visa | ebay MC | Best Buy MC | Credit One Visa | JCP | Kohl's| Conoco | Bloomingdale's | Lowe's | CareCredit | Firestone | Walmart | Academy Sports Visa | Macy's | Target | Amazon | Gap |
mrnerok

Good point. However, statistically speaking, when a card holder takes out a CA for a sizeable amount of their CL or when they max out their card; the likely hood of default increases exponentially. These are major indicators and they send CCC's scurrying in a mad panic. AA letters soon follow.

Candicane

Appreciate the feed back from everyone. I now have a better understanding on why this action was taking againest my account. I know now that I will not make this mistake again. Lesson learned!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}