Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Deja Vu

tag
IrishUpstart
Established Member

Capital One Deja Vu

Hey all.... quick question.

About a month ago I got a pre-approved capital one MasterCard offer in the mail. I accepted it, gave received card, made a 10% UTI purchase and am coming up on my first due date. The other day, I received what appears to be an exact duplicate letter in the mail for a pre-approved capital one mastercard.

Is it even possible to have 2 identical cards? If so, should I take it?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Deja Vu

@IrishUpstart wrote:
Hey all.... quick question.

About a month ago I got a pre-approved capital one MasterCard offer in the mail. I accepted it, gave received card, made a 10% UTI purchase and am coming up on my first due date. The other day, I received what appears to be an exact duplicate letter in the mail for a pre-approved capital one mastercard.

Is it even possible to have 2 identical cards? If so, should I take it?

Thanks!

Not sure.....but why would you want 2 of the same card?  I like my QS Visa with 1,5% cash back but would not want a 2nd one and rather add a card with a different reward structure from a different lender.  Also would hate to take another triple pull from Cap1.

Message 2 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Yes you can have more than one CAP1 cardSmiley Happy

Will you be approved for this one due to the mailing I doubt it.Smiley Sad

My guess your name is still in the marketing dept and most likely will drop off for that product soon.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 7
IrishUpstart
Established Member

The only reason I entertained the notion of taking it (again) is cause I'm in the process of rebuilding credit. I have 2 credit cards (one secure usbank visa and the first cap one master) these being the only credit cards I've had in 15 years. I dunno. Guess I was looking at it as a freebie of sorts to build on.
Message 4 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@IrishUpstart wrote:
The only reason I entertained the notion of taking it (again) is cause I'm in the process of rebuilding credit. I have 2 credit cards (one secure usbank visa and the first cap one master) these being the only credit cards I've had in 15 years. I dunno. Guess I was looking at it as a freebie of sorts to build on.

I doubt they would approve back to back I would toss it. If you want another card I would go with another bank.

Message 5 of 7
IrishUpstart
Established Member

Sounds good! Thanks all!
Message 6 of 7
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

@IrishUpstart wrote:
Sounds good! Thanks all!

Just for the sake of conversation, it would be nice if it is a QS for the 1.5%. Then again, would also be nice if it is a higher limit same card with credit steps since you're rebuilding. (i-e: $500 to $2500  or so in 6-7 months). Not sure about long term since there are so many cards out there for primeville (after rebuilding), that is. All the best-!!

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.