cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Do I qualify for EXCELLENT credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One - Do I qualify for EXCELLENT credit?

Holy crap, sorry guys.

Freaking Internet Explorer 9 sucks with certain sites and this is one of them....

I have $18000 / $33000 credit utilization with largest credit limit being $25000.

I have $9000 left on an auto lease over next 18 months.

I have PAID OFF a $15000 student loan 5 years ago.

I have no late or delinquent accounts ever.

Is this good enough to qualify for excellent credit at Capital One?  I know my utilization is a little high.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One - Do I qualify for EXCELLENT credit?

It would be more helpful to know your actual FICO scores and your income.  That is pretty high utilization, though, but if your score is well into the 700s, I would think so.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry guys... Stupid IE9...

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Holy crap, sorry guys.

Freaking Internet Explorer 9 sucks with certain sites and this is one of them....

I have $18000 / $33000 credit utilization with largest credit limit being $25000.

I have $9000 left on an auto lease over next 18 months.

I have PAID OFF a $15000 student loan 5 years ago.

I have no late or delinquent accounts ever.

Is this good enough to qualify for excellent credit at Capital One?  I know my utilization is a little high.

Do you have any idea what your scores are?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on estimator of this site, 630-680, but I have heard Capital One has a different way of rating people's credit... Which is why they randomly give out $300 credit cards.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One pulls all three reports, and IIRC, they use FICO scores.

I'd say that you probably won't qualify for their "Excellent" credit tier if you're in the 630 to 680 range, and because of the greater than 50% utilization. But, if you could get your utilization in check, you probably would. Smiley Happy

Why are you in the market for a new card? Are you planning to travel abroad, and looking for something with no foreign transaction fees (Cap1 cards are known for this)?

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, for the foreign transaction fees!  But I just noticed Citi also has a Thank You card which waives those fees also, and they do tend to give better credit limits from what I've seeing... But we'll see.

Message 7 of 14
CCOCD
Valued Member

You can click on EXCELLENT CREDIT on their site and they tell you what they deem as excellent.

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup, for the foreign transaction fees!  But I just noticed Citi also has a Thank You card which waives those fees also, and they do tend to give better credit limits from what I've seeing... But we'll see.

Citi has a card with no FTF??? which one is it? 

Message 9 of 14
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi has a card with no FTF??? which one is it? 

I am not sure about a citi card with no FTF, but I know chase BA is no FTF.

OP: As long as you have 1 on your card with greater than 5k CL is more than 3 years old, you should be good. But remember this is just a rough scale for basic criteria. With your Util, you may get approved but may not get a good CL and Cap1 sucks in terms of CLIs so weigh this in your decision.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.