Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Due Date Change

tag
axlm
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Due Date Change

My card do have a balance (0% apr period) while going thru the due date change process, nowhere I've seen anything stating you need to, nor it seems logical to ask for it.

I would say that CSR was having a really hard time understanding you (or their products, for that matter).

But I did push an additional payment, even without statment, just to be on the safe side Smiley Tongue

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@axlm wrote:

My card do have a balance (0% apr period) while going thru the due date change process, nowhere I've seen anything stating you need to, nor it seems logical to ask for it.

I would say that CSR was having a really hard time understanding you (or their products, for that matter).

But I did push an additional payment, even without statment, just to be on the safe side Smiley Tongue

Ok thanks. That is another reason I like to live chat these people, they can't hardly understand my English, and I can barely understand them, so I'd think less would get lost in translation by typing in chat. 

I appreciate you clarifying and adding too. I really had plans to let QS sit until the due date change is complete and then use it heavily for a month in the CC rotation I set  up.

Message 12 of 16
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

Your next statement will be closed on 7/2/15, due date will be 7/27/15, don't need additional payment as long you already paid before the 6/7 due date (May 10 statement).

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dmFICO8 wrote:

Your next statement will be closed on 7/2/15, due date will be 7/27/15, don't need additional payment as long you already paid before the 6/7 due date (May 10 statement).

Ok thanks!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@dmFICO8 wrote:

Ok thanks!

That doesn't look right. As others have said and Cap One tells you when you request it, it takes two statements to take effect.

If you only requested it this month, then you won't see the change for a couple of statements. Then, you'll have a near 2 month gap between statements, before the new due date takes over. You don't need to make a payment in the gap period (where the due date changes), because there isn't one due. Take the extra month of interest-free.

I don't remember when I requested my Cap One due date changed, but I looked at the dates my auto payments went through. My payments were due on the 6th, which I changed to the 2nd. I had auto payments on Feb 6, March 6, then May 2. I paid nothing in April because that's when the due date was in the process of switching.

Yours might not skip an entire calendar month since you changed your due date from the 7th forward to the 27th, whereas mine was from the 6th back to the 2nd.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Vulcan1600 wrote:

@dmFICO8 wrote:

Ok thanks!

That doesn't look right. As others have said and Cap One tells you when you request it, it takes two statements to take effect.

If you only requested it this month, then you won't see the change for a couple of statements. Then, you'll have a near 2 month gap between statements, before the new due date takes over. You don't need to make a payment in the gap period (where the due date changes), because there isn't one due. Take the extra month of interest-free.

I don't remember when I requested my Cap One due date changed, but I looked at the dates my auto payments went through. My payments were due on the 6th, which I changed to the 2nd. I had auto payments on Feb 6, March 6, then May 2. I paid nothing in April because that's when the due date was in the process of switching.

Yours might not skip an entire calendar month since you changed your due date from the 7th forward to the 27th, whereas mine was from the 6th back to the 2nd.

I agree with you. 7/2 seemed too quick. My guess was also 8/2 and due 8/27 like you are saying.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.