Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Call - CLI Approval?

tag
travelguru
New Contributor

Capital One EO Call - CLI Approval?

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my experience on this forum after learning so much here about credit and credit cards. I applied for a CLI on my Cap 1 through their automated chat last week and was denied. I have had the card for a year this week. My FICO is 684. My credit limit is $1500. After reading all this information on how to call their EO, I sent the CEO an e-mail with my concerns of not being approved. I have never been late with them and do not have any other debts. I sent this e-mail last night, and by 4pm this afternoon his EO team called me. I didn't hear the phone ring, so I called them right back and spoke with the rep. He said they needed soe general information about income, other debts, etc. I provided this and he said he was sending it to their underwriting department who does a manual credit report review and I would hear something back in a few days. Does anyone on here have a similar experience with success getting approved for this? Will my FICO scores and other circumstances stand a chance for a CLI? I requested a credit limit of $2500 which is $1000 more than I have now. What does everyone think?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One EO Call - CLI Approval?

your chances are pretty good provided that your profile has not gotten worse since you were approved for the card initially. 

No new derogs and chances are you'll probably get it. 

Message 2 of 11
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Sounds good to me!! keep us updated, fingers and toes crossed for yaSmiley Very Happy

Also I forgot to mention, check your account now and then, some posters have reported

seeing the CLI on their online account before receiving a callSmiley Wink

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 3 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good luck we are pulling for you Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 11
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

I sent an email to the CEO the friday of memorial day weekend. Didnt hear anything, so I resent it today around 2pm. By 4:15 I had a call back from a gentleman with the EO who went through the questions. It was a pleasent surprise when I finished. He said they should probably get back to me by this Tuesday coming up. He asked why I was seeking the increase, and questions about income, and current debt. The 2 cards I asked for a CLI on, were opened back in April of 2008, and September of 2009. The card from April of 2008, has been sitting at a $500 limit ever since; and the September of 09 card has been sitting at 1000 since the third statement cut. Ive hit the luv button a few times over the years, and called and asked, and used online chat but never got an increase. 

I asked that both cards be raised to 5k. Figuring the worst they can do is counter offer. He asked if I would accept an offer other then the 5k, and I agreed. He then explained it was a SP. So now here I sit with fingers crossed. Just looking for the boost in CLI to help with Util. while I pay off the 1 card with a balance that I have. 

** Edit never any lates or issues with the 2 accounts.

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 5 of 11
travelguru
New Contributor

Emdee,

Thanks for your reply. Can I ask what your current FICO scores are?

Message 6 of 11
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

Walmart TU08 - 636

EX from my last denial from Amex was 654

EQ - 640

NFCU Flagship - 24k; CapOne Venture - 12k; Chase Slate - 9k; Chase Sapphire - 7.5k; NFCU NavChek - 5k; Amex BCE - 6.5k; Discover IT - 6k; BarClays - 9k;
Message 7 of 11
travelguru
New Contributor

Do you remember what your scores were when you were approved for the Chase Saphire?

Message 8 of 11
Emdee_MD
New Contributor

When I apped for Chase Sapphire I was sitting around 720. and The only other accounts I had at the time were the 2 cap 1's, and the Best Buy Store Card. I didn't have my house yet, and I have had a judgement on my CR since then. For when I moved out of my apartment, and got my house, They said I did not turn in the letter 2 months prior to lease ending and auto renewed it. I didnt find out about it until it was going to court, and ignored it. (bad move) lol. So im bouncing back from that score wise. But no AA from the judgement on my current accounts. Just limiting me from any new. But the judgement has been satisfied since about a month after court decision. and is growing older and hurting me less. 

Message 9 of 11
travelguru
New Contributor

Well it had been almost a week and I tried my luck at calling the Capital One EO to see what my status was on the CLI. I was told I would get a call back this afternoon. While I did not get a call back, I logged onto my account and sure enough they gave me the full credit line increase I requested. Thanks to all you guys!!!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.