Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Experience

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One EO Experience

@CreditResuscitation wrote:

Ok, so after reading a couple of topics on the forum about contacting Capital One's Executive Office for a CLI, I decided to give it a go and contact them. Using the info that I got from here, I contacted them and in less than an hour I got a call back. It was a very nice gentleman on the other end who said he was from the executives offices and wanted to address the concern I seemed to have. To make a long story short, I just basically told him that my card wasn't growing with me so a CLI or a PC to a card with no AF would be greatly appreciated. He was very professional and understanding (Yes, Capital One), then after asking me a few questions, he said although a PC wasn't in the cards for me at the moment, he would double my CL to 1000 and waive my annual fee on the card for  a year. I was so shocked that he offered me anything that I didn't even try to argue or negotiate, I just took it, thanked him and hung up. So, with that I can say that this is another story where Capital One's executive office came through!!! Oh, and it was a soft pull, and at the EO they manually review as oppose to letting the computer decide, so if you state your case well (prestine payment history and at least three year card holder I would assume), then I would say you have a pretty good shot at a CLI. Good luck gang!!! Keep me posted.

nice job. i also had a positive experience with the CapOne EO, got my credit limit increased to 2000 from 1500 (stuck for 2+ years)

Message 11 of 21
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@Epcot @darkman @RavenNation @LOC Thanks guys!!!

Starting Score: 546
Current Score: 460
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 21
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@toiletbowl69er I appreciate it. And congrats to you too. It's always an event when Capital One decides to do the right thing. LOL!!!

Message 13 of 21
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@darkman @RavenNation Check your boxes. Sorry for the delay. I got caught up late night shoping. Happy Thanksgiving.

Message 14 of 21
beb86
Valued Contributor

what was your balance?

Message 15 of 21
CreditResuscitation
Contributor

@beb86 It was 0. I don't keep a balance on any of my cards. I charge them up and pay them off like every week, week and a half.

Message 16 of 21
darkman
Established Member

Just wanted to give an update on my experience with Capitalone executive office. So after reading this post and receiving some valuable information, I emailed Capitalone's executive office and received a call the very next day from a very sweet lady from their office saying that she was calling to help me get a credit limit increase. She asked me a few questions about income, length of time on my job, investments, etc and said that she would put in a request and I would know something in 48 hours. Well 24 hours later I get a call from Capitalone executive office and its the same lady telling me that she was able to increase my limit to $2500Smiley Happy my a limit had been stuck at $1250 for 3 years. I didn't even think it was possible to receive a credit limit increase from Capitalone. I'm extremely grateful for this forum and each person here who takes the time to write about their experience.

Message 17 of 21
bmd0224
New Contributor

I had a great experience with the folks at the Capital One EO! The nice lady got rid of my BB Reward Zone MC AF for good whereas I had zero luck with the number on the back of the card! The EO will really do what they can for you and they have all the power! Always be nice and you'll get along way with them!!

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 18 of 21
SM_NC

Can someone PM me the contact information of Cap1 EO?

Thanks in advance,

- S

Starting Scores: EQ 558 - TU 585 (Nov '10)
Current Scores: EQ 726 - TU 707 (Apr '13)
Goal Score: 760

Citi Forward $5k | AmEx BCE $3.5k | Capital One MC Platinum $1.25k | Lowe's $5k | Amex Zync NPSL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
Fredduke1

Could someone also PM me the EO for capital one?  Also, what type of letter should I write to them?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.