cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO FTW!

tag
Creditboost

Capital One EO FTW!

After my friend got his identity stolen I decided it was a good time to maybe start monitoring my credit reports, I found out my old C1 card was still reporting and decided to get a replacement card. My starting limit was $1500 back in 05' when I was just starting my credit journey...

After I got my replacement card I called in to get a CLI and was declined due to "This Capital One account is not currently eligible for a credit line increase upon request" I tried calling and and asking over chat, but they kept decling me and said I would get a letter in the mail in 7 days... At this point I was like **bleep**?!? My current limits on my other cards are in the 15-25K range and I have a 790 fico score across the board.

So I did what anyone else would do... I googled' "capital one credit increase" and found this great forum! TY myFICO! =)

After reading thru a few threads I decided to shoot the facebook team a msg and I got a super fast response back asking me to email them my request. The next day I received a call from the EO dept, I put in my request from $1,500 to 15,000. EO rep advised me he would put in a request for a manual review and will call me back in about 2 days. Today I received the call, he advised me the request was approved w/ a soft pull and he also added cash rewards to my account. EO dept FTW! He gave me his contact again for future reference and told me to contact him for any other request or questions. The EO dept has awesome service, wish I didn't have to go this far but hey I guess it works.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One EO FTW!

Thats awesome!!  Congrats!! Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 10
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Way to go congrats! & welcome to the forums! You'd be surprise at the amount of info. You can learn from here. Its awesome! Smiley Happy
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 10
Creditboost

Thanks guys, I will be sticking around to learn more about credit. I've never missed a payment since 05 and have had 4 auto loans paid off since, but never looked into CLI every 6 months and calling back door numbers ... This forum has been very informative and helpful I'm so glad I found this site.
Message 4 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Very awesome!!!!

CONGRATS!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 10
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

i contacted them last week and this morning my limit was increased from 500 to 750. I initially requested 3000 but only got a 250 dollar increase. Well something is better than nothing but not happy at all...

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 6 of 10
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

NICE!!!  Nothing wrong with adding a zero and moving a comma.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 10
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Wow! awesome increase!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Welcome and Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 10
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Congrats, that is the largest Cap One CL I have ever seen!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.