cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* Capital One EO No longer doing Manual Review CLIs !!

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: * Capital One EO No longer doing Manual Review CLIs !!

@UncleB wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Could be blowing smoke but I could see this being true, I get the reason for having an EO especially with the quality of the drones they have reading a scrpit on the front lines. But I have seen many threads where people have contacted the EO with the most trivial and unrealistic demands. I'm reading about people who have six months of history demanding huge CLI's and PC's to elite status cards with scores of 630 and getting angry with the EO when they fail to please them, while reading this I'm thinking how long before this kills the golden goose. 

I understand your point. And honestly, it wouldn't shock me if one day Synchrony pulls the plug on Credit Solutions. I hope that day doesn't come, but if it does I honestly wouldn't be shocked.

I've actually been waiting for this one myself.  At a minimum I suspect at some point they will require you to have a referral from the regular CSR (or chat) before they talk to you, instead of being able to call them first like so many people on here tend to do. 

Note that I'm not saying I wish for this or that it would be a 'good' thing... I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me. 

I ALWAYS get a referral first.

Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 25
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

This is interesting. The Cap1 EO called me up out of the blue 2 days ago & offered to give me a manual CLI on my QS Visa, which I had actually already done an online cli & then a combination down to 1 card just a week ago. They actually asked me how much of a CLI I wanted, which I've never experienced with them, so I asked for 2k more. I'm not expecting anything from it, but it would be a strange & wonderful surprise if it happened.

Message 22 of 25
driftless
Valued Contributor

I have talked to the EO's office once, I initiated the conversation via email. I have chatted through their chat app with CSR's a few times. All of my contacts with Cap One have been very pleasant and the Cap One employees were nice and pleasant, I tried to be as nice in return. I have been really pleased with Cap One's customer service and that is why they will be one of the two banks in my 3 - 4 card system.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had positive experiences with Capital One phone service reps as well. When I had first applied online and my application disappeared, the rep walked me through the application over the phone. And when I made a call after I had the card, the rep was very polite and helpful, despite my having called after 10pm on a weekend.

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no experience calling the EO, but in my short time on reading these boards it does appear to be overused. About a month ago I was able to get a manual CLI pushed through after a luv button denial, but I just called the number on the back of my card. There was no reason to have to initiate an escalation through the EO. As others have said the CO CSR's were very pleasant to deal with, and I returned that with being fair with them, but I did insist on a few things, though I never got mad or rude to them. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.