Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Office number?

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One EO Office number?

Well today makes day 3 since my email on Wednesday the 12th.  Still nada...  I'm really not sure what to think at this point.   I emailed again just a minute ago and I'm tempted to just call but I really wanted to give them a chance to call me.  It just looks like that's not going to happen. 

I guess I'll throw the card in the ole sock drawer and close it out right before the "membership" fee hits next year.  It blows my mind that they wouldn't rather at least get transaction fees out of their cards.  Wouldn't that benefit them more than a card that isn't going to get used at all?!?  Capital One is great to people who are rebuilding, but has no interest in maintaining that relationship at all.  It simply makes no sense...

Message 21 of 31
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Well today makes day 3 since my email on Wednesday the 12th.  Still nada...  I'm really not sure what to think at this point.   I emailed again just a minute ago and I'm tempted to just call but I really wanted to give them a chance to call me.  It just looks like that's not going to happen. 

I guess I'll throw the card in the ole sock drawer and close it out right before the "membership" fee hits next year.  It blows my mind that they wouldn't rather at least get transaction fees out of their cards.  Wouldn't that benefit them more than a card that isn't going to get used at all?!?  Capital One is great to people who are rebuilding, but has no interest in maintaining that relationship at all.  It simply makes no sense...

With the weather delays, potentially the holiday Monday and other issues I am not surprised they're taking so long. I've seen where they can sometimes take a week to get back to someone. I've also heard times where they manage to get back to people with in hours. It's hit or miss, but it's well worth the wait usually once you do talk to them. They might not, and probably will not give you everything you want, but they'll be kind, helpful, and they'll try hard to get the things you're asking for our of their underwriting department.  I don't know how many people are reaching out to them, or how many EO CSRs there are but I've read multiple posts where they have apologized to the posters for the delay in getting back to them due to being backed up.

If you choose to SD the card, that's a choice that may work for you, but don't let this stress you out, and don't take their delay personally. They aren't going to make a customer wait for days to be spiteful, they are just busy. In the mean time, take the time to figure out exactly what you want to ask for and how. Also, get together your most current proof of income. Underwriting has been asking a lot of people for that lately (myself included) they'll give you a fax number direct to their office, and if you have everything at your finger tips, you'll have less of a delay. Even after they talk to you, if you're asking for a CLI, you're going to have to wait another 3-5 days or so for their underwriting department to manually review all of your information.

I hope this helps some!

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 22 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Yes I'm sure I am getting overly excited for no good reason.  At this point I have decided to simply park both my Crap 1 cards in the SD and ride em out until right before the AFs hit next year at which point I will close them both.  If they eventually give me a call then that;s just an added bonus.

Message 23 of 31
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Yes I'm sure I am getting overly excited for no good reason.  At this point I have decided to simply park both my Crap 1 cards in the SD and ride em out until right before the AFs hit next year at which point I will close them both.  If they eventually give me a call then that;s just an added bonus.

I don't blame you.

Also, keep in mind, Cap One doesn't like high UTL. You're more likely to get a CLI and a good CLI if your UTL is low across all of your accounts.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 24 of 31
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I have an update on my experience with the EO at Capital One...  They finally called me back tonight which technically wasn't that bad of a response time.  I emailed them last Wednesday so that would make Thursday and Friday 2 business days if you consider today a holiday.  I choose to give them the benefit of the doubt and say it took 2 business days for them to get back to me.

To be honest though, the phone call didn't go anything like I expected.  The very nice lady I spoke with was not very chatty at all.  I was prepared for questions about my credit reports and my situation, but I got none of that.  In my email I rambled on for two paragraphs about the "membership" fee and how I wanted a product change to a product with no fee or the fee permanently waived.  I made mention of other products I thought I would be a good candidate for.  I mentioned my perfect payment history over the past 2+ years and really stressed that my issue was with the annual fee.  Then at the very end I mentioned that a CLI would also be nice if that option was available.

Well she really focused in on that one line at the end about the CLI in my case.  She asked about income of course and told me they would SP my report then the rest was about what limit I wanted and whether I would settle for a lesser limit.  She didn't ask anything about the fee at all.  Oh well...  She said she was going to send my file to underwriting for manual review and she would be back in contact with me within 3 to 5 days with what options are availble to me.  We will see what happens.  I am hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  ha

Message 25 of 31
matchu
Valued Member

Would anybody kindly PM me the EO phone number? Thanks in advance!

Message 26 of 31
myjourney
Super Contributor

@matchu wrote:

Would anybody kindly PM me the EO phone number? Thanks in advance!

Sent

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 27 of 31
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Can I also have the EO number PM'ed?

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 28 of 31
Involver
Valued Contributor

You would be best served to e-mail the EO and wait for their return call.

The e-mail address is easily available via a simple Google search.

Message 29 of 31
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@heyitsyeh wrote:

Can I also have the EO number PM'ed?

PM sent

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.