Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Rejection Stories?

tag
R3DLINE
Established Member

Re: Capital One EO Rejection Stories?

I actually have been..... it is not a guarantee .... but atleast its only a soft pull

ECU: 7000 (6.25% Fixed) -- Chase Freedom: 3000 (19.99%) -- Citi Dividend: 3000 (13.25%) -- Amex: 2000 (?% promo 0%) -- UWCU: 2.5k (11.45%) -- Barclay Apple: 1500 (Will never use again) -- Paypal: 2.6k (Use for promo 0% only) -- Cap 1: 2000 (Sock drw. 22.99%) -- Cap 1: 2000 (sock drw. 19.99%)

ECU auto loan (2.99% for 72 months on 2013 Dodge Avenger V6)
Senior in school for Civil Engineering

Scores: TU: 713 EQ: ? EX: 698
Message 11 of 13
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

My rejection story?  I'm rebuilding,  and I have two cards from CO - one is a secured card, with a $200 limit (I'm not adding any cash to raise the limit) and the other is  a $300 former Orchard Bank Card. I'm about a year and a half in with both. They both are maxed out...I'm at about 35% utliization total (all my cards combined). My plan was (and is) to close the secured card and get a CL increase on the other. I called the EO, knowing full well they'd say no, but since it was a soft pull (I checked), and I had a guy on the phone who could actually do something for me, I ended up getting the Quick Silver rewards added to my non-secured card. That's fine for now, even though the limit on the card is $300. Any willingness to encourage me to stay with Capital One is noted, because I will be in a position to "escape" by early 2014.

When I get out of the garden next year, I'll see what new Capital One products are out there and close the secured account and either do a product 'upgrade" or just apply for a limit increase. The person I spoke with was exceptionally nice and accomodating. He actually seemed more sad about the CL increase denial than I was. So  many people talk trash about Capital One, but I've had nothing but good experiences.

Oh, I was told no because my card balances are too high.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 12 of 13
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

I had two Capital One cards that had annual fees and sub-$1000 CL on them.  I e-mailed the EO, got a call back a few days later, and was told there was nothing they could do for me as I had a 2 day late payment 9 months ago, and my other account would never be eligible for a CLI.  After hearing this, I decided to try my luck at a few cards (in my signature) and was approved for all 4 that I applied for.  I quickly canceled my Capital One cards before the AF hit again.

So this is definitely a YMMV situation.  Some see results, others (like me) still get nothing.  No big deal though, because if I hadn't been denied I probably wouldn't have applied for my new cards.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.