Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Response

tag
k-s
Regular Contributor

Capital One EO Response

After my huge approval for the BCE last week ($10,000 limit!), I was inspired to try and improve the situation on my current card as well, so I started contacting Capital One.

I currently have a Platinum MasterCard with a $750 credit limit and a $39 annual fee. I want a Quicksilver with no annual fee and a CLI.

I started with the 'account retention' # listed on the back door numbers thread. They were no help and everything I asked for was 'impossible'. Then I called the 'Senior Account Manager' and he was able to convert the account to Quicksilver One and waive the upcoming year's annual fee. He insisted that a CLI over the phone was impossible. Next, I emailed EO (just google CEO of Capital One) and requested that my annual fee be waived and that they perform a manual review on my account to get a CLI. 

I got a call back within 3 hours! The account manager Evan was great. He credited my account for last year's annual fee and submitted a manual review for my CLI. He ensured me that there would only be a soft pull and let me know that he would be calling me on Monday with an update.

He also reminded me to retain his contact number so that I could call him back next year to discuss the annual fee again. 

As long as they're able to increase the credit line, I'm pretty satisfied with this answer. This card was my first, therefore has the longest history, so I really don't want to cancel this card and negatively affect my AAoA. Plus, if they continue waiving the annual fee, 1.5% back on everything isn't too bad for an 'extra' card after my BCE and TrueEarnings. Handy to have for merchants that don't accept AMEX.
EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One EO Response

@k-s wrote:
After my huge approval for the BCE last week ($10,000 limit!), I was inspired to try and improve the situation on my current card as well, so I started contacting Capital One.

I currently have a Platinum MasterCard with a $750 credit limit and a $39 annual fee. I want a Quicksilver with no annual fee and a CLI.

I started with the 'account retention' # listed on the back door numbers thread. They were no help and everything I asked for was 'impossible'. Then I called the 'Senior Account Manager' and he was able to convert the account to Quicksilver One and waive the upcoming year's annual fee. He insisted that a CLI over the phone was impossible. Next, I emailed com (CEO) and requested that my annual fee be waived and that they perform a manual review on my account to get a CLI. 

I got a call back within 3 hours! The account manager Evan was great. He credited my account for last year's annual fee and submitted a manual review for my CLI. He ensured me that there would only be a soft pull and let me know that he would be calling me on Monday with an update.

He also reminded me to retain his contact number so that I could call him back next year to discuss the annual fee again. 

As long as they're able to increase the credit line, I'm pretty satisfied with this answer. This card was my first, therefore has the longest history, so I really don't want to cancel this card and negatively affect my AAoA. Plus, if they continue waiving the annual fee, 1.5% back on everything isn't too bad for an 'extra' card after my BCE and TrueEarnings. Handy to have for merchants that don't accept AMEX.

Welcome to the forum

Congarts 

FYI you can PM the email but can't post it sorry please remove 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

I contacted the twitter people and then was called by Lisa from the EO. I'm waiting for my manual review as well. I asked for 5k and said I'd take a counter offer if I wasn't approved for the full 5k. I have my fingers crossed for both of us. What did you ask for as a CLI. I was at $1800 and going for 5K now.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 3 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum

Congarts 

Actually about two weeks ago the mods decided that you could, as the CEO is a public figure (and thus email is in the public domain with no reasonable expectation of privacy)

Message 4 of 11
k-s
Regular Contributor

Awesome! I was at $750 and requested $4000 with the agreement that I would be willing to accept their counter offer as well.

Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@longtimelurker

Actually, it's back to the original method. PMs for email addresses

Sorry for the confusion.
Message 6 of 11
k-s
Regular Contributor

I went ahead and removed the email address, but no worries. If anyone needs it, I found it just googling CEO of Capital One.

Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Thank you. Yes, it is very easy to find. Again sorry for the confusion.
Message 8 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum

Congarts 

Actually about two weeks ago the mods decided that you could, as the CEO is a public figure (and thus email is in the public domain with no reasonable expectation of privacy)

They changed it back again Lol

I got a PM after it was said to be okay

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

OK, thanks!  I had hoped that sense would prevail (it seems better to allow it than to have 500 people post "Please PM....") but oh well.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.