Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Review - SP ANNOYED

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One EO Review - SP ANNOYED

I'm going to refrain from sending out nasty e-mail just yet but I had my partner put in request about 1 week before I did mine on his asking for CLI from $15k to $25k and I just received the letter today of why it wasn't increased and it shows a report used:

9/24/13

that's such a GE thing to do... I'm assuming the reasons given over the phone that didn't make total sense to me for my cli denial will be the same result of they used old reports but she said they pull new ones... so im hoping the letter comes soon so i can confirm... so i will take the next day or so before the letter comes time to reflect and zen my response to what a waste of time it was especially since she knew i was waiting for things to update and then they used an old report... i just know!

Debating on having my partner call back and raise the same issue... the scores is 36 points lower then what I just got for him from LendingClub 2 days ago!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One EO Review - SP ANNOYED

Seems a few companies make decisions based upon the results of their routine, semi-random, soft pull.

It's probably a better method of finding out what someone's typical credit use/utilization is versus when they've had a month or so to pretty things up before an application. It's like showing up at a girl's house before she's had the chance to put on makeup. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Seems a few companies make decisions based upon the results of their routine, semi-random, soft pull.

It's probably a better method of finding out what someone's typical credit use/utilization is versus when they've had a month or so to pretty things up before an application. It's like showing up at a girl's house before she's had the chance to put on makeup. Smiley Happy

listen capital one is already the pig at the party so me putting makeup on should just be what i get since I have to jump through there stupid peggy hoops!

Message 3 of 12
cjc343
Valued Member

I have made... a few... CLI request with Capital One, all of them online via the request CLI link.

The denials I receive are always based on the previous month's report, even if they've pulled a more recent report. For example:

They pull on August 25th

They pull on September 20th

CLI request denied September 29th, shows August score.

They pull on October 18th

CLI request denied on October 19th, shows August score.

CLI request denied on October 20th, shows September score.

Message 4 of 12
zyzzus
Established Contributor

May I humbly remind you capital one doesn't owe you anything and I'd imagine their executive office gets beat up all day long. Wait until they sp again and call back to explain. No need to be upset. Just a business doing business. Capital one shows love to those of us that couldn't find it elsewhere. For that I've been truly greatful to them.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 5 of 12
zyzzus
Established Contributor

I just realized I sounded like an ass...

I know these things are frustrating.

Cheers.

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@zyzzus wrote:

Cheers.

Actually, that 1st reply seemed adequate... At least I didn't see anything out of context ... and makes perfect sense Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@zyzzus wrote:

Cheers.

Actually, that 1st reply seemed adequate... At least I didn't see anything out of context ... and makes perfect sense Smiley Wink

+1 also didn't see anything wrong with it as well ...I think CAP1 has played a major role in millions of rebuilding credit profiles when others wouldn't touch 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Every now and then we all get frustrated. There is nothing wrong with coming here to vent. Likewise, venting may lead to others with a dissenting opinion. As long as both are done within the standards/guidelines of the board- it's all good.
Message 9 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

True to all statements.

I do vent a little harsh and unedited before mulling over and thinking about it (actually I'm very edited! Lol)
I know better than anyone all things capital one has done for me and have to say love the Quicksilver and my Spark business and may have came across a little more entitled then I would have liked Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.