cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO Success story - 3x CLI, and PC (letter enclosed)

tag
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Capital One EO Success story - 3x CLI, and PC (letter enclosed)

I was ready to close my Cap One card after requesting a CLI several times, and being told that my card was not eligible for an increase. For some background, I have had the card since 2006 - it is my oldest CC - and was obtained when my credit was fairly poor (BK reporting, scores approx 620). I sent the EO the following letter on 7/22/2013:

To whom it may concern:

First of all, I want to thank you for extending credit to me back when nobody else would. I have had my Capital One credit card since 2006. I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit over the years have made heavy use of my Capital One card.  I have made every payment on time and pay more than the minimum payment each month.

That being said, I am writing to request a credit limit increase on my card. I have had this card for over 7 years, and have not had a credit limit increase since 2007. With my current limit, it will not be practical for me use this card on upcoming business and personal trips, while keeping my debt to credit utilization in mind. This is my oldest credit card, and I would like to keep it open as older cards reflect positively on my credit history.

I obtained this card when I my credit history was poor-fair. My current credit is excellent (credit scores on all three credit bureaus are in the 740-790 range) and this card represents one of the lowest limits of my credit cards, which affects my ability to use it and its rewards successfully. I have previously asked for credit limit increases, and have been told that my account does not qualify for an increase. At this time, I am requesting an increase of my credit limit to $12,000, which is more in line with my other credit limits on other cards. I currently have several credit cards with limits in excess of $10,000. In addition, I would like to have the card converted to your new Quicksilver card in order to take advantage of the increased rewards that it offers.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I can be reached at (###) ###-####

Respectfully submitted,

Empty Pockets

I got a call back from the EO on 7/24/2013, and I discussed with a very polite CSR, and explained to him how my 3k limit (no CLI since 2007) was not meeting my needs, and how I can't use the card when I want without having to make payments every 2 weeks so I won't max it out. He took info regarding my income, and payments, and asked how much of a CLI I was requesting. I told him I wanted a increase to 12k. He asked if I would be willing to accept less than this, if the underwriter would not approve that much. I told him I would, but that I really want card to be at 12k, as that is my average of limits on my cards. He said he would submit the request for a manual review to a underwriter, who would do a soft pull of my credit.  I got a call back from him a few minutes ago, and they actually raised my limit to 10k, and converted it to a Quicksilver! I am shocked! I have called the EO before, and did get the card PC'd from a regular Platinum Visa (with a 59 AF) to a Green Rewards card with no AF last June, but they would not budge on the CLI. I really was going to close the card, but needless to say it will remain open for awhile now.  Smiley Very Happy

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
knoregs
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One EO Success story - 3x CLI, and PC (letter enclosed)

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:

I was ready to close my Cap One card after requesting a CLI several times, and being told that my card was not eligible for an increase. For some background, I have had the card since 2006 - it is my oldest CC - and was obtained when my credit was fairly poor (BK reporting, scores approx 620). I sent the EO the following letter on 7/22/2013:

To whom it may concern:

First of all, I want to thank you for extending credit to me back when nobody else would. I have had my Capital One credit card since 2006. I have worked hard in rebuilding my credit over the years have made heavy use of my Capital One card.  I have made every payment on time and pay more than the minimum payment each month.

That being said, I am writing to request a credit limit increase on my card. I have had this card for over 7 years, and have not had a credit limit increase since 2007. With my current limit, it will not be practical for me use this card on upcoming business and personal trips, while keeping my debt to credit utilization in mind. This is my oldest credit card, and I would like to keep it open as older cards reflect positively on my credit history.

I obtained this card when I my credit history was poor-fair. My current credit is excellent (credit scores on all three credit bureaus are in the 740-790 range) and this card represents one of the lowest limits of my credit cards, which affects my ability to use it and its rewards successfully. I have previously asked for credit limit increases, and have been told that my account does not qualify for an increase. At this time, I am requesting an increase of my credit limit to $12,000, which is more in line with my other credit limits on other cards. I currently have several credit cards with limits in excess of $10,000. In addition, I would like to have the card converted to your new Quicksilver card in order to take advantage of the increased rewards that it offers.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide. I can be reached at (###) ###-####

Respectfully submitted,

Empty Pockets

I got a call back from the EO on 7/24/2013, and I discussed with a very polite CSR, and explained to him how my 3k limit (no CLI since 2007) was not meeting my needs, and how I can't use the card when I want without having to make payments every 2 weeks so I won't max it out. He took info regarding my income, and payments, and asked how much of a CLI I was requesting. I told him I wanted a increase to 12k. He asked if I would be willing to accept less than this, if the underwriter would not approve that much. I told him I would, but that I really want card to be at 12k, as that is my average of limits on my cards. He said he would submit the request for a manual review to a underwriter, who would do a soft pull of my credit.  I got a call back from him a few minutes ago, and they actually raised my limit to 10k, and converted it to a Quicksilver! I am shocked! I have called the EO before, and did get the card PC'd from a regular Platinum Visa (with a 59 AF) to a Green Rewards card with no AF last June, but they would not budge on the CLI. I really was going to close the card, but needless to say it will remain open for awhile now.  Smiley Very Happy

Emptypockets seem pretty full to me Lol

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
blunderer
Established Contributor

WTG!!!!! 

Long time coming but well deserved.

Congratulations

Message 4 of 8
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Nice!

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 5 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats, very nice!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 6 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!! I need to req a cli from the eo soon!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 8
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

NIce I just got my call from the EO today and they told me the same thing about the reviewing my account for a CLI
i asked mine to be upped to atleast 5000 and she asked if i would be willing to accept partial increase which i said I guess but i want to be rewarded for being a customer since 07
then she said they will do a soft pull and get back to me with the follow up
and once that dispute is handled she'll work on the AF which she said i am offered a credit card upgrade with rewards woohooo

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.