tag
Feather_Hat
Established Member

Re: Capital One EO THIRD Time!

@FinStar wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

is cap 1 generally picky when it comes to CLI and app ??

It depends on a variety of factors.  The main ones being your overall profile, history, income, scores, etc.  The secondary being the type of product(s) you have with them.

hmm i see.. i was thinking of getting quicksilver but i guess i'll prob wait ..

anyway thanks for the info !

You're welcome.  An item to keep in mind when applying for the Quicksilver, it is typically targeted for individuals with excellent credit profiles so if you have well-established/clean file, decent income and scores north of 700 then it could be an ideal choice.

You could also try their pre-qualification (SP) tool to determine if you have any elegible offers that point you in that direction.

sounds good =) oh and when you say decent income, do you mean like $50k+ ? becuase i am not even close to that figure lolllllll

Message 11 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Feather_Hat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Feather_Hat wrote:

is cap 1 generally picky when it comes to CLI and app ??

It depends on a variety of factors.  The main ones being your overall profile, history, income, scores, etc.  The secondary being the type of product(s) you have with them.

hmm i see.. i was thinking of getting quicksilver but i guess i'll prob wait ..

anyway thanks for the info !

You're welcome.  An item to keep in mind when applying for the Quicksilver, it is typically targeted for individuals with excellent credit profiles so if you have well-established/clean file, decent income and scores north of 700 then it could be an ideal choice.

You could also try their pre-qualification (SP) tool to determine if you have any elegible offers that point you in that direction.

sounds good =) oh and when you say decent income, do you mean like $50k+ ? becuase i am not even close to that figure lolllllll

While this may be relative to your situation, something hovering in the $30K range for some of the high-tiered products (i.e. Visa Signature or WMC).  If those don't matter, then income below that level/range could still qualify for their standard Platinum CCs.

Message 12 of 19
Feather_Hat
Established Member

i see =) thanks again for your valuable advices and thoughts.

learning something new everyday =D

Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Feather_Hat wrote:

i see =) thanks again for your valuable advices and thoughts.

learning something new everyday =D

Anytime - we're glad to help in any way we can Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
score_building
Senior Contributor

At any level of cs, there is a point at which an approach will be viewed as overbearing and too high maintenance with repeated 'specialized' requests. Couldn't hurt to revisit this pursuit after a long break from contacting EO IMHO.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 15 of 19
jeffery581
Established Contributor

RE: You're welcome.  An item to keep in mind when applying for the Quicksilver, it is typically targeted for individuals with excellent credit profiles so if you have well-established/clean file, decent income and scores north of 700 then it could be an ideal choice.

That is not correct. One is  Visa Signature One is a mastercard. Both have 1.5% cash back

Quicksilver® RewardsQuicksilver RewardsEarn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, plus a one-time $100 bonus
 Compare
0%intro APR until December 201412.9%-20.9%variable APR after that0%intro APR until December 201412.9%-20.9%variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amount transferred until December 2014$0Annual feeExcellent CreditApply Now For Capital One Quicksilver RewardsCard Details
4.6 stars out of 5Read all 184 reviews
QuicksilverOneSM RewardsQuicksilverOne RewardsEarn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
 Compare

0%intro APR until September 201422.9%variable APR after that22.9%variable APR; No Transfer Fee$39Annual feeAverage CreditApply Now For Capital One QuicksilverOne RewardsCard Details
4.6 stars out of 5Read all 290 reviews

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 16 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jeffery581 wrote:

RE: You're welcome.  An item to keep in mind when applying for the Quicksilver, it is typically targeted for individuals with excellent credit profiles so if you have well-established/clean file, decent income and scores north of 700 then it could be an ideal choice.

That is not correct. One is  Visa Signature One is a mastercard. Both have 1.5% cash back

Quicksilver® RewardsQuicksilver RewardsEarn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, plus a one-time $100 bonus
 Compare
0%intro APR until December 201412.9%-20.9%variable APR after that0%intro APR until December 201412.9%-20.9%variable APR after that; 3% fee on the amount transferred until December 2014$0Annual feeExcellent CreditApply Now For Capital One Quicksilver RewardsCard Details
QuicksilverOneSM RewardsQuicksilverOne RewardsEarn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
 Compare

0%intro APR until September 201422.9%variable APR after that22.9%variable APR; No Transfer Fee$39Annual feeAverage CreditApply Now For Capital One QuicksilverOne RewardsCard Details

QS is for excellent credit and QS1 is for average credit as illustrated in your posting.  

Message 17 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

At any level of cs, there is a point at which an approach will be viewed as overbearing and too high maintenance with repeated 'specialized' requests. Couldn't hurt to revisit this pursuit after a long break from contacting EO IMHO.

+1 ...that could be a possible reason..OP sorry to hear... I can feel you...

I am in a similar position with Discover where I simply cannot get anything but denials...so I will give them a break and not request a CLI every 3 months (6,9 and 12 months marks denied) and see what will happen if I 'll give them another full year.  Wonder  if I have any better luck with them.  My mission was just to get this CL adjusted to the lowest limit and even with HP it was a no go...not sure what Discover's problem is but I will give up now and just wait it out....no AF and my use will be only for 5% categories and nothing else anymore as they do not appreciate heavy use anyway. And of course the free Fico score..LOL. Their strange reason for denial: account is still too new ..this is a joke as it is 13 months now and from the forum here people have been able to get CLI on 3 months marks already...Anyway I am happy with the free Fico score and will drastically cut back on the use of the card as of Jan 14 Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:

@jeffery581 wrote:

That is not correct. ??? One is  Visa Signature One is a mastercard. Both have 1.5% cash back

Compare
 Compare

QS is for excellent credit and QS1 is for average credit as illustrated in your posting.  

+1

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.