Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO -- What?

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One EO -- What?

Quit trying to pretend Crapital One is something they're not and you'll live a happier life.  It's ridiculous to have to email and beg for basic customer service in the first place.  They are successful because there are a lot of people who are at a place where they have no other choice and lets face it, they are at least the best of the worst.

If you are smart you get with Crap1 early on.  "They were there for me when no one else was"  Sound familiar??  Then once you take the next step in your journey, you start to realize that lenders are lucky you choose them instead of you being lucky they take you.  That's when it's time to move on.  Crap1 is NEVER going to be Chase or AMEX.  They're just not.  They serve a different customer base and they serve it well and thank god they do.  But let's face the facts and get real.  Sub-prime IS what they do!  Once you start to feel the frustration with them set in, congratulations....  You're moving in the right direction.

Message 11 of 104
northface28
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Quit trying to pretend Crapital One is something they're not and you'll live a happier life.  It's ridiculous to have to email and beg for basic customer service in the first place.  They are successful because there are a lot of people who are at a place where they have no other choice and lets face it, they are at least the best of the worst.

If you are smart you get with Crap1 early on.  "They were there for me when no one else was"  Sound familiar??  Then once you take the next step in your journey, you start to realize that lenders are lucky you choose them instead of you being lucky they take you.  That's when it's time to move on.  Crap1 is NEVER going to be Chase or AMEX.  They're just not.  They serve a different customer base and they serve it well and thank god they do.  But let's face the facts and get real.  Sub-prime IS what they do!  Once you start to feel the frustration with them set in, congratulations....  You're moving in the right direction.

These inflammatory, bias agenda responses are helpful for all us. Smiley Indifferent

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 12 of 104
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Yeah, it's fine to dislike Capital One, but I just don't understand what makes them so much worse. Again, you have to "email and beg for basic customer service" with many issuers. Why else are there threads about reconning this, that and the other thing with Barclay, Chase, Citi? "If I contact the EO, will they do xyz" is a constant question with most lenders, not just capital one. That's because you need the EO to accomplish things with almost any lender. This is not unique to Capital One at all.

So that end of the argument doesn't hold up at all to me. Other than that, there is nothing that makes Capital One worse than anyone else, in my personal opinion. They have some good products and some crappier products. So do the other lenders. Who cares? They've never done me wrong.

Message 13 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Yeah, it's fine to dislike Capital One, but I just don't understand what makes them so much worse. Again, you have to "email and beg for basic customer service" with many issuers. Why else are there threads about reconning this, that and the other thing with Barclay, Chase, Citi? "If I contact the EO, will they do xyz" is a constant question with most lenders, not just capital one. That's because you need the EO to accomplish things with almost any lender. This is not unique to Capital One at all.

So that end of the argument doesn't hold up at all to me. Other than that, there is nothing that makes Capital One worse than anyone else, in my personal opinion. They have some good products and some crappier products. So do the other lenders. Who cares? They've never done me wrong.

Do you even truth bro? I applaud you and agree with you 100% of the way.

Message 14 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Agreed.  I've got a Quicksilver card with Cap One.  Originally, I thought it was the coolest thing (before discovering MyFico).  The card now sits in my sock drawer.  It's not because it's a bad card, I just have better cards in hand.  I will keep this account open, however, because Capital One is one of the best, if not THE best lender to have during international travel.

Message 15 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help. It's a minor issue - I'm aware of that - but what really aggravates me is being told something I know from this forum isn't true. That's enough for me to take a small thing and chase it around like it's a big one.

Here's where I digress...

Case in point, when I joined NFCU two weeks ago, I added my savings there as an external account to my existing bank so I could fund it by transferring my money from bank to bank. My current bank proceeded to run a credit check on me and deny me the ability to transfer MY money to NFCU based on "past delinquencies." I became incensed and am reconsidering my decision to do business with my them. It's a minor issue, I can always write myself a check, but I just feel it's tacky of my current bank to deny me the right to transfer my own money to another bank based on my credit score. Imagine if I had the nerve to apply for a loan.

...OK I'm back

I got in touch with the EO tonight (someone here was kind enough to PM me the number) and she made the requests to both an underwriter and whoever's in charge of MasterCard product selection. The woman on the phone and I were laughing through most of the call and she was very friendly. I'll know (I'm assuming) within a few days. Overall, a positive experience.

Message 16 of 104
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Hey, if someone gets a better card than a Quicksilver, than that's great, and I fully support if they SD or close it in favor of their better card. But at least you don't badmouth Capital One simply because you have gotten a better card(s).

Message 17 of 104
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Agreed.  I've got a Quicksilver card with Cap One.  Originally, I thought it was the coolest thing (before discovering MyFico).  The card now sits in my sock drawer.  It's not because it's a bad card, I just have better cards in hand.  I will keep this account open, however, because Capital One is one of the best, if not THE best lender to have during international travel.

Curious, how does that work with QS not being chip enabled?  Do they simply manually run the card for every transaction?

and what is the advantage over a travel card like CSP for example?

Message 18 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with wacdenney all the way. Bravo, sir.
Message 19 of 104
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

Hey, if someone gets a better card than a Quicksilver, than that's great, and I fully support if they SD or close it in favor of their better card. But at least you don't badmouth Capital One simply because you have gotten a better card(s).

I actually have a QS.  It's my third one...  That doesn't change what they are and how they work.  There's nothing wrong with serving the market they serve and they do an excellent job of it.  They have fullfilled a very valuable role for nearly everyone here and I am no exception to that.  I would not have any cards period had it not been for Crap1.

You simply reach a point where you outgrow them.  That's a GOOD thing.

Message 20 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.