Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO and my Saks App

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One EO and my Saks App

She called yesterday because she forgot my social security number

today she calls saying the credit department located the app from before but my credit report had been frozen.

umm yeah, that's what this enitre thing started from!!!

her: so it's unfrozen now?

me: yes had. Been before I applied 2nd time and when I called you

her: do you have a paper or email showing that, they want proof it's unfrozen

me: did they pull it and it's still saying it's frozen?

her: no, they want to know it's unfrozen and then they will pull it again

me: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Credit spent the time to call you about the frozen file and wanting some paper that it's unfrozen and then you in turn called me to have this conversation... PUSH THE BUTTON, they will find out in 2 seconds rather it's froze or not, why would they waist there time calling you, my time with you calling me, then you calling them again... What is a paper going to do, if it's frozen, they will sedan error again in 2 seconds!

her: okay I'm going to call them. And confirm that it's unfrozen and to pull the report.

certain words come to mind, I almost hope I'm declined... Even the EO office has become a joke to deal with

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One EO and my Saks App

Did your hear from them yet?

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 2 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Did your hear from them yet?

nope, they don't work on weekends.

Message 3 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Who did they pull?  EX doesn't give this paper or document the rep is speaking of that it's unfrozen lol.

Message 4 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Who did they pull?  EX doesn't give this paper or document the rep is speaking of that it's unfrozen lol.

They wanted to pull EQ

Message 5 of 14
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Bumping for an update!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 6 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Nothing so far and no Inq yet either
Message 7 of 14
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Your thread made me think of something.  Capone is known for pulling all three bureaus.  If a person were to freeze two of their bureaus, then it is possible to prevent this action by them.  I wonder if it would then still be possible for them to approve on the one bureau? 

It still seems a bit ridiculous they pull all three.  I would imagine that it costs them more money to do so and the reports can't be that much different.  I think it is simply done to insure that the subprime borrowers are affected more and must remain loyal to them longer.  Not necessarily a bad strategy for them, especially given their other strategy of allowing multiple cards at low limits.  (Something which has been curtailed, but not fully eliminated.) 

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 8 of 14
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

I think it is simply done to insure that the subprime borrowers are affected more and must remain loyal to them longer.  .) 

If they pull one report or 3, either way its going to last 2 years on report 1 year on score. Neither length of time really going to be considered loyal or not loyal to them or other banks.

Message 9 of 14
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Well Chase is known to pull 2 reports but yeah Cap1 pulls them all. I believe it is denial if they cannot access 1 or more CR for whatever reason.

ETA:  most of the store cards will only pull 1. Saks pulled my TU, Neiman Marcus pulled TU+EQ

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.