cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO called me! (Great report)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One EO called me! (Great report)

I have been with Capital one for almost a year. I emailed them asking if they can upgrade my card or remove the annual fee from my Quicksilver. A very nice lady called me and she asked was that my only concerned. I said yes, just the annual fee. I love the Quicksilver card and from what I understand, it's a very similar card as the Visa since i pay my balance in full. She put me on hold, came back on the line and told me that she will remove my annual fee from here on out and have also removed the annual fee from the previous statement! 
I said to her, "Wow! You guys are so generous!" She giggled! And promised me that all has been taken cared of. 

I'm blown away. I sent the email about 2 days ago, didn't expect a call, just an email back. I have two cards with them and they have grown nicely along with my AmEx, Chase, etc. I will be keeping them! 

Just had to share! 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One EO called me! (Great report)

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been with Capital one for almost a year. I emailed them asking if they can upgrade my card or remove the annual fee from my Quicksilver. A very nice lady called me and she asked was that my only concerned. I said yes, just the annual fee. I love the Quicksilver card and from what I understand, it's a very similar card as the Visa since i pay my balance in full. She put me on hold, came back on the line and told me that she will remove my annual fee from here on out and have also removed the annual fee from the previous statement! 
I said to her, "Wow! You guys are so generous!" She giggled! And promised me that all has been taken cared of. 

I'm blow away. I sent the email about 2 days ago, didn't expect a call, just an email back. I have two cards with them and they have grown nicely along with my AmEx, Chase, etc. I will be keeping them! 

Just had to share! 

Congrats! Glad it worked out well for you!!

Message 2 of 7
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been with Capital one for almost a year. I emailed them asking if they can upgrade my card or remove the annual fee from my Quicksilver. A very nice lady called me and she asked was that my only concerned. I said yes, just the annual fee. I love the Quicksilver card and from what I understand, it's a very similar card as the Visa since i pa.y my balance in full. She put me on hold, came back on the line and told me that she will remove my annual fee from here on out and have also removed the annual fee from the previous statement! 

I'm blown away. I sent the email about 2 days ago, didn't expect a call, just an email back. I have two cards with them and they have grown nicely along with my AmEx, Chase, etc. I will be keeping them! 

Just had to share! 

> Yay,  They usually get back to u within 72 hours..   keep checking the pre-qualifier  

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 3 of 7
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome news!  Happy to hear that it worked out for you.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just had to share! 

Did the same last week. E-mailed the CEO of Capital One at 9:30am, and at 7:30pm that same evening a very nice lady called. She said they had removed my AF for good, and refunded the AF I had already paid. Amazing service. I have two cards with them..

Great Job.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great indeed!

Just wish they were better with APR reductions, account combinations, adjusted the number of HPs based on credit worthiness, and didn't encourage consumer product redundancy...alas they are a bank and need to make money. c'est la vie.

Message 6 of 7
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the amazing AF removal there!  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.