Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO failure...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One EO failure...

So lat Friday, I contacted the EO for Cap1, asking for a bit of "goodwill" on their part in order to remove/update some late payments from a few years ago. A couple 30 day lates, and 1 60 day late, from late 2012/early 2013. Explained reasons why was late, a bit of mea culpa acknowledging my error, not theirs.

Also explained that I've had otherwise a good history with them, and have since added 3 more cards to my original lone card at that time. And the reason for trying to clean this up was that wife and I will be buying our first home in the near future, so their help would be very, very appreciated.

Today, got a call back explaining that "their executive" declined removing from my report, stating that they were reporting accurate information. Seems like a cop out, as this was never in question.

Just seems a bit, I don't know, something, that you can pay them hundreds of dollars in interest over the years, plus fees per swipe that they get from usage, and that something so "small" (at least small in their grand scheme-a couple lates out of millions of accounts and customers), they won't do anything about.

Just passing this information along. A little disappointed today.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One EO failure...

I have never had sucess trying to goodwill. My many attemtps have always yeiled a we cant remove it becuase its accurage. Ok thanks but you can remove it, so just tell you wont. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. What they report has to be accurate. Doesn't mean they have to report anything. Could just post a "ND" or something similar. Then again, they probably COULD post as OK or whatever, so yeah, you're still correct.

Message 3 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Cap One is notoriously difficult when it comes to GW.   They are very forgiving in terms of extending new credit, but will rarely bend on past issues.   That's simply their business model.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Cap One is notoriously difficult when it comes to GW.   They are very forgiving in terms of extending new credit, but will rarely bend on past issues.   That's simply their business model.   

Exactly, whenever I see someone posting GW sucess with Cap1 I am always very curious, what did they articulate better in their letter than me? 

Message 5 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

They tried multiple times, multiple avenues.n (maybe they bribed Smiley Wink).

Try for some direct contacts, email has yielded better responses than direct mail, though could use both. The most successful GW's (I done this) do not take the first no answer as final. (If I did, there would still be baddies on my report(s) until 2019).

Oh, heck, just trust me.
Signature needs updating
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Which is strange considering their very forgiving nature in all other things credit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.