Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One EO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One EO

After reading some threads on here, (this community is awesome), I finally decided to email the EO at Capital one about a CLI. Ive gotten one on the account since last August but other Banks have extended me far more credit. I decided to roll the dice and see what Cap1 will do as they have been really good to me since opening the account.

Fingers corssed that I hear back soon.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One EO

The EO is pretty responsive and their employees are friendly, but it won't make a difference CLI wise IMO.  Capital One has been said to never do "manual reviews" by many on here regarding CLIs, but I was able to get them to do 2 twice on my account simply because their automated system wasn't working for me.  It would say something to the tone of "this feature is currently unavailable" or something, which prompted the EO to agree to do manual reviews for me.  In my case it didn't matter, as my account was a starter account opened on less than favorable terms.

Which card are you talking about specifically and what were your credit scores at the time you opened the account?  I'm just making sure that you aren't doomed from the beginning, as if you are, it's a complete waste of time to hammer them for CLIs.  What was your SL and what is your current CL on the card?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The EO is pretty responsive and their employees are friendly, but it won't make a difference CLI wise IMO.  Capital One has been said to never do "manual reviews" by many on here regarding CLIs, but I was able to get them to do 2 twice on my account simply because their automated system wasn't working for me.  It would say something to the tone of "this feature is currently unavailable" or something, which prompted the EO to agree to do manual reviews for me.  In my case it didn't matter, as my account was a starter account opened on less than favorable terms.

Which card are you talking about specifically and what were your credit scores at the time you opened the account?  I'm just making sure that you aren't doomed from the beginning, as if you are, it's a complete waste of time to hammer them for CLIs.  What was your SL and what is your current CL on the card?

Its a QS. Started as a Platinum then upgraded after about 3 weeks. SL was 1000 and then auto CLI to 2k. Scores were in the low-mid 600s at opening and are now range from 690-711. I now have two other cards with much higher CLs. An Amex at 5k and a Wells Fargo at 6kbut I get the best rewards on my work spend with the QS. My hope was to get raised somewhere closer to that neighborhood. I'd be happy if they at least brought it up to 4k. I use the card alot for work expenses that my company reimburses me for as the rewards can be nice chunks. I the last couple months I made 3 $500+ purchases that my company covered. I'd lke to continue doing that but I dont want to risk wrecking my utilization in the event a reimbursement check takes a little longer than expected.

Message 3 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

If the reimbursement takes a little longer than expected, and your util takes a hit, no biggie- it'll bounce right back next m th
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 8
trant3
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. A few things to note: it's well known throughout the myFico community that sub prime Cap One cards are not likely to grow (at all). I, too, learned this from experience with two prior cards which I ended up closing as Cap One will not budge on a CLI. Also, the EO route, IMO, should be used to resolve complex issues rather than CLI.

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. A few things to note: it's well known throughout the myFico community that sub prime Cap One cards are not likely to grow (at all). I, too, learned this from experience with two prior cards which I ended up closing as they wouldn't Cap One will not budge on a CLI. Also, the EO route, IMO, should be used to resolve complex issues rather than CLI.

+1

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Its a QS. Started as a Platinum then upgraded after about 3 weeks. SL was 1000 and then auto CLI to 2k. Scores were in the low-mid 600s at opening and are now range from 690-711. I now have two other cards with much higher CLs. An Amex at 5k and a Wells Fargo at 6kbut I get the best rewards on my work spend with the QS. My hope was to get raised somewhere closer to that neighborhood. I'd be happy if they at least brought it up to 4k. I use the card alot for work expenses that my company reimburses me for as the rewards can be nice chunks. I the last couple months I made 3 $500+ purchases that my company covered. I'd lke to continue doing that but I dont want to risk wrecking my utilization in the event a reimbursement check takes a little longer than expected.

Unfortunately, this account is going to be doomed when it comes to CLIs, so it's in your best interest to more or less "give up" on the idea.  A Platinum with a $1000 SL and low-mid 600 scores are all indicative of a starter account.  Capital One will always view this account as a starter account, no matter what happens with your profile.

I've been down your path and here's what happened with me.  I was approved with a $3k SL on a Platinum with a 619 score.  Considering my score, that SL actually wasn't bad.  I received two $500 CLIs in a year and a half to take me to $4k and did a PC to the QS where the card plateaued and has sat ever since.  My credit scores at the time I reached the $4k limit were all around 800.  My scores have peaked at 822-841 and I still have not been able to get a CLI on that card.  They don't care about my current profile, just what my profile looked like at the time I was approved for that account.  I could open one of the better CCs with CO today and probably land a $15k-$20k limit to go along with my 4 cards with $18k-$35k limits now, but I have no desire to do so.  My $4k QS has been collecting dust in the SD for a while now as a result.  It is what it is.

Message 7 of 8
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

If your credit has dramatically improved, you are probably better off applying for a new QS or Venture card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.