Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Exec Office and the Credit Line Increase Button... LOL

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Exec Office and the Credit Line Increase Button... LOL

I had already wrote in to Exec office before the button had come available and she was just calling me back for the second time this morning about my account and so I thought this is further up the chain then anywhere else... "What is going on with the NEW credit line increase button online"

At first I got a lot of we are SERIOUSLY looking at our credit line increase policies at capital one and VERY SOON will be making some big changes but no info at this time sort of thing.

so I went back and restated to be sure I was clear that "You do know that as of last week the credit line increase button request IS online and EVERYONE is getting a 10 day message and employees don't seem to know about it."

she didn't either!

I asked when capital one was going to be transparent with policy and would probably be good to update employees with these sorts of things happening before they happen as customer feedback.

she said it's something I can look into, I wasn't aware of taking requests online, I know we are looking into the policy and making changes and making those effective soon but not as of yet.

I said this is what is frustrating about capital one and Im sure that you share it... employees find out about changes through customers and the lack of knowledge and help on the changes make it further frustrating because you are my only contact with the bank and normally im frustrated because of overseas but you are the exec office and you don't know about the request online or if they are being reviewed... I was like the credit boards are on fire for capital one right now.

she said would you like me to look into this further and call you back again..

I said sure if you find something out otherwise at least for your personal self know that it IS online already and it's a huge topic and we are about 5 days out on the first round of letters dropping if 10 or so days stands as stated and I can tell you now if hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent by capital one to send out letters that "due to our economy capital one is currently not offering credit line increases" you are going to have a bigger fire storm than you did several years ago.

she stated that several years ago capital one made some MAJOR policy changes and they are now seriously reviewing those to make major changes to start implementing the credit line increases and customer requests and what not and that she would look into this and see if she could find out anything.

sorry for the mix of conversation and pieces.... but kind of funny and also same frustrations that exec office didn't even know of the live button online yet... thanks even higher ups for keeping employees up to date let alone cardholders... i think I at least got that point acrossed and she "understood" I guess vs. she can't really agree but anyway.... I patiently await the first round of letters and what you all get for answers and we shall see if she happens to call back... ill have that conversation down to the word for you all if she does!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Exec Office and the Credit Line Increase Button... LOL

@Creditaddict wrote:

I had already wrote in to Exec office before the button had come available and she was just calling me back for the second time this morning about my account and so I thought this is further up the chain then anywhere else... "What is going on with the NEW credit line increase button online"

At first I got a lot of we are SERIOUSLY looking at our credit line increase policies at capital one and VERY SOON will be making some big changes but no info at this time sort of thing.

so I went back and restated to be sure I was clear that "You do know that as of last week the credit line increase button request IS online and EVERYONE is getting a 10 day message and employees don't seem to know about it."

she didn't either!

I asked when capital one was going to be transparent with policy and would probably be good to update employees with these sorts of things happening before they happen as customer feedback.

she said it's something I can look into, I wasn't aware of taking requests online, I know we are looking into the policy and making changes and making those effective soon but not as of yet.

I said this is what is frustrating about capital one and Im sure that you share it... employees find out about changes through customers and the lack of knowledge and help on the changes make it further frustrating because you are my only contact with the bank and normally im frustrated because of overseas but you are the exec office and you don't know about the request online or if they are being reviewed... I was like the credit boards are on fire for capital one right now.

she said would you like me to look into this further and call you back again..

I said sure if you find something out otherwise at least for your personal self know that it IS online already and it's a huge topic and we are about 5 days out on the first round of letters dropping if 10 or so days stands as stated and I can tell you now if hundreds of thousands of dollars are spent by capital one to send out letters that "due to our economy capital one is currently not offering credit line increases" you are going to have a bigger fire storm than you did several years ago.

she stated that several years ago capital one made some MAJOR policy changes and they are now seriously reviewing those to make major changes to start implementing the credit line increases and customer requests and what not and that she would look into this and see if she could find out anything.

sorry for the mix of conversation and pieces.... but kind of funny and also same frustrations that exec office didn't even know of the live button online yet... thanks even higher ups for keeping employees up to date let alone cardholders... i think I at least got that point acrossed and she "understood" I guess vs. she can't really agree but anyway.... I patiently await the first round of letters and what you all get for answers and we shall see if she happens to call back... ill have that conversation down to the word for you all if she does!

+1 Smiley Very Happy

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 3
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Exec Office and the Credit Line Increase Button... LOL

I recevied an alert from Capital one that I had a document waiting for me....

"Thank you for contacting Capital One® regarding your account. Unfortunately, we cannot approve a
credit line increase for the following reason(s):
Credit line increases are not offered upon request for this type of account"

That was after cliking the luv button online and getting the crappy 10 days message...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.