cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Customer Service is a Joke!

tag
joeyh2007
New Contributor

Capital One Executive Customer Service is a Joke!

I just got off the phone with the Capital One executive customer service department. I am trying to see something change on my card. I've had it for 4 years, $750 CL and have never misused the card. The rep sounded sympathetic, but did nothing above and beyond what the typical rep does when looking for a CLI. Time to pay the balance and cut it up. I don't need a card with a fee that does not grow with you. Every other card in my wallet is much better, but to be fair (i guess) the card did help me get to where I am today.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Executive Customer Service is a Joke!

Cap1 does not accept customer initiated CLIs on the majority of their cards....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 5
john398
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Cap1 does not accept customer initiated CLIs on the majority of their cards....

True, I was just looking at the backdoor sticky I guess there is a couple of exceptions though

Message 3 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Cap one has there business model. We might not agree with it. However, I wouldn't try and fight it and just accept it for what it is. If you have builder/rebuilder card, you will outgrow the card at some point. At that point, cancel it if you want. App for better cap one card, if you still like them.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 5
joeyh2007
New Contributor

I figured that it couldn't hurt to try. I had good luck lately getting in the door with Amex and Discover and doubling my CL on Citi. That CapOne card did its job since 2008. I won't be sad to see it go.

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex EP $1000, CSP: $12500, Citi Hilton Honors Visa Signature: $15000, First Financial Bank: $11500, Discover More: $12000, Barclays Apple Financing: $6600, Macy's: $1000

Business: Chase Ink Cash World Mastercard: $5000

In my SD: CapOne $3000
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.