Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office = worthless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Executive Office = worthless

Wow. My experience is so different. However, I did have a secured card with them for two years. Was just approved for Quicksilver 5000 and Venture 15000. I am thinking it was my record with them. I charged a lot every month and paid in full every month. Two of my scores are excellent and one is so-so due to no updating of my file.

They do hit hard with the inquiries, though, no doubt.

Now Chase is another story...I have to wait to get one of their cards because of my inquiries.

Better luck next time. I know it can be frustrating.

In my wallet: Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000; Barclay Ring Platinum MasterCard. 12,500. Total Credit: 61,800.
6/27-FICO: EQ - 789; TU - 776; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board then 800 across the board. Inquiries: EQ: 4; TU: 6; EX 7; Chapter 13 seven years May, 2015. Reset my garden date to 6/27. Gardening until further notice.

Message 11 of 147
Bman70
Established Contributor

Well, "perfect credit" is subjective, Cap1 may see it as only good credit. 718 isn't in the "excellent" range, although it's between good and great for most scoring systems. 

Also, you didn't mention your current utilization - that's a big factor sometimes. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 12 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry they can't help you out my friend.....if it makes you feel any better, they have also been in a not so generous mood with my profile as well, which is very similar to yours except that I have only had credit for a couple of years. Only 2300 on my quicksilver one. That said, I still love their commercialsSmiley Happy I guess you'll now be answering the question "What's not in your wallet?"

Message 13 of 147
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

You mention you have perfect credit. I'm not disputing that 718 isn't a good score but given that score maybe there is something in your credit profile they didn't like.  Maybe utilization percentage? Age of recent accounts? Age of all accounts?

I don't have perfect credit, have a couple defaulted student loans and an auto loan with multiple 30 day lates. Those are years old but even with those, My FICOs are mid 700s.

What are the reasons they gave for not granting a higher CLI? Perhaps it would be beneficial to understand that as it could possible help you with your credit profile in general.

Message 14 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Iomac for your support. The feedback on here is helpful (although the reasoning is odd) that Capital One doesn't seem to be rewarding established accounts much.

I just have limited time for a card that doesn't help when you need it during special moments in life such as your daughter's wedding. Sock drawer for you, Capital One!

Message 15 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization precentage is 11%

AaoA is right at 2 years. Funny thing is, of my other other major cc's, they all had no problem and CLI'd me to 12k, $5,800, and $5,000/

Some people might think a 3k limit with Capital One is great, but I don't.

Message 16 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

also, age of all accounts is 5 years.

Message 17 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I may add, let me just tell you...DO NOT GIVE UP SO EASY!

I too started wtih $300 limits on both my Quicksilvers, i went as high as i could with the auto CI button in your log in.  I called EO and they raised my limit to $3500 on my first call.  Three moths later, I called back because $3500 was not enough and was planning a trip to Hawaii with the family.  It took two calls with EO for them to finally approved to $5000 and $5500 on each of the cards.  I had to pretty much say that this was my last call and that if no raise was given, i was going to search for a better Cl elsewhere.

Anyways, plane tickets to hawaii are $2790 for 5 people and i wasnt about to be at over 50% utilization. I applied for Venture last month and got an immediate $15k CL.

Call EO again and mention how fustrated are you and if you have other cards with high limits, rub it in their faces! If no luck, apply for the venture.  It has an AF but you can downgrade to the non-AF after you collect your 40K points.  I already charged and PIF $500, so as soon as the tickets drop, going to buy them to meet my $3k spending to get my 40k bounus (which i will use to credit my account $400).

Good luck!

Message 18 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pipeguy, I think your feedback is right on target.

Message 19 of 147
Anonymous
Not applicable

c00mtg, I see what you are saying, but no one should have to put that much effort into a company that doesn't value the business you have given them. I don't see how it is helpful to spend lots of time calling the EO multiple times when the underwriters did not want to go higher.

Message 20 of 147
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.