Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

I emailed yesterday afternoon and got the exec call this morning.  Nice, helpful, upgraded my card and is processing the request for 10k to 15k limit.  Sweet.

Message 351 of 831
SpeedingWheels
Contributor

At the suggestion of somebody in another thread I just emailed the scoial team and asked what could be done about my secured card that I don't really want to pay another AF on. 

We'll see what they have to say. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask before simply closing the account before the AF hits. 

Walmart Discover ($5000) - Amazon ($5500) - Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2000) - Meijer ($5000) - Discover More ($1800) - Car Care One ($2100) - Amex Delta Skymiles ($2000) - Citi Thank You Preferred ($2000) - Chase Freedom ($500) - Sam's Club, GE ($1237?)
Message 352 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@SpeedingWheels wrote:

At the suggestion of somebody in another thread I just emailed the scoial team and asked what could be done about my secured card that I don't really want to pay another AF on. 

We'll see what they have to say. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask before simply closing the account before the AF hits. 

Might be worth a try - I personally didn't get anywhere with the social team.

Message 353 of 831
slothy
Contributor

i emailed them yesterday about a CLI and got a call back laster that day. She asked for some info and  said they would get back to me in 3-4 days.

Message 354 of 831
YahComb
Established Contributor

for a secured card probably waisting your breath. Until they allow their secured cards to be Graduated, i seriously doubt they'll be willing to do much for those holding one. But i guess it is worth a try.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 355 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

emailed yesterday afternoon, got my call this morning. said i should hear back early next week. answered a few questions about my income and mortgage amount and my investments. asked for increase to 5k on card thats at 2250, and then increase to 3-4k on card thats been open 8 years at 500.  lets see what happens....i should have asked for 5k on each but she caught me while driving so i wasnt thinking clearly.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 356 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

Just got a second call from another EO rep.

in my email i mentioned my loyalty to cap 1 wasnt being rewarded since i had a car loan opened with them last december and an orchard bank card they also are handling now. this orchard card has a 300 limit and has been open since 2006 with NO increases either. this 2nd rep called to see about getting an increase on that card too!!

totally shocked! hopefully i hear good news out of the 3 cards. this rep didnt ask what i was looking for as a new credit line so lets see what they come back with.

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 357 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

in my email i mentioned my loyalty to cap 1 wasnt being rewarded since i had a car loan opened with them last december and an orchard bank card they also are handling now. this orchard card has a 300 limit and has been open since 2006 with NO increases either. this 2nd rep called to see about getting an increase on that card too!!

totally shocked! hopefully i hear good news out of the 3 cards. this rep didnt ask what i was looking for as a new credit line so lets see what they come back with.

Orchard!  I didn't even bring that up when we talked.  Maybe when I get my call back on the CL I'll ask if she can do anything about my OB card.  I'm pretty happy with it overall; they gave me 300 unsecured when no one else would touch me, and then kept raising it until it's almost quadruple what it was at the start.  For a rebuilder that's reasonable.  I held off closing it in hopes that Cap 1 would do something nifty with it; we'll see what happens.

Message 358 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@chan85 wrote:

Orchard!  I didn't even bring that up when we talked.  Maybe when I get my call back on the CL I'll ask if she can do anything about my OB card.  I'm pretty happy with it overall; they gave me 300 unsecured when no one else would touch me, and then kept raising it until it's almost quadruple what it was at the start.  For a rebuilder that's reasonable.  I held off closing it in hopes that Cap 1 would do something nifty with it; we'll see what happens.

yep, i would totally ask. now the rep did tell me she was from the OB office, and she couldn't see anything on my cap1 cards and that the lady who called from cap1 couldnt access my OB card which is why she had to do a follow up, so they may have to forward your request to another office (OB called from a NV number and CAP1 came from a 800 number so they may really be on different sides of the country), but while you have their ear, I would bring it up! the lady on the second call was mxing up one of my cap1 cards as my OB and said she couldn't find it until i clarified it was with cap1, so I legitmately think they can't see each others stuff yet.

when i mentioned my card in my email, it was just to paint a picture as a customer with multiple products that stagnated yet i still hung around, and the subject line of my email was "multiple products customer since 2004". she even was like i see you had another card with us, and read off the last digits, and it was a 2nd OB rewards card i closed maybe 2 years ago because they wouldnt increase the limit or waive the annual fee. im quite surprised they went as far as they did to look into that account. however i did include it in my signature with the last 4 digits, along with my cap1 cards info so they could find me, so that must have helped.

Current Debt Management:
$10k NFCU

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Message 359 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@chan85 wrote:
yep, i would totally ask. now the rep did tell me she was from the OB office, and she couldn't see anything on my cap1 cards and that the lady who called from cap1 couldnt access my OB card which is why she had to do a follow up, so they may have to forward your request to another office (OB called from a NV number and CAP1 came from a 800 number so they may really be on different sides of the country), but while you have their ear, I would bring it up! the lady on the second call was mxing up one of my cap1 cards as my OB and said she couldn't find it until i clarified it was with cap1, so I legitmately think they can't see each others stuff yet.

when i mentioned my card in my email, it was just to paint a picture as a customer with multiple products that stagnated yet i still hung around, and the subject line of my email was "multiple products customer since 2004". she even was like i see you had another card with us, and read off the last digits, and it was a 2nd OB rewards card i closed maybe 2 years ago because they wouldnt increase the limit or waive the annual fee. im quite surprised they went as far as they did to look into that account. however i did include it in my signature with the last 4 digits, along with my cap1 cards info so they could find me, so that must have helped.

Interesting - I held off mainly because I got my last OB soft bump in July - I'm not due for my regular six month call until January.  Well, guess I'll see what happens.  

Message 360 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.