Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@p- wrote:

@p- wrote:

I emailed yesterday afternoon and got the exec call this morning.  Nice, helpful, upgraded my card and is processing the request for 10k to 15k limit.  Sweet.

When I talked to the exec rep, she upgraded me to the 1.5% cash rewards card with no A/F, and is processing (with a soft pull!) my request for the credit limit increase.  I already have a platinum rewards card and had asked in my email for a Cash Rewards Visa Signature.

I was so happy, it wasn't untilI hung up that I realized I never heard her say "Visa Signature".  Now I'm wondering if I actually got upgraded to the siggy card.  I looked online and it appears that the extra half percent rewards bonus only comes with the siggy cash card - plus the non-sig ones are for limits under 5k.  

My online account still says Platinum, but the answer regarding my CL increase is still pending.  What do y'all think?  Will I get my first Visa Signature card out of all of this?  I'll ask when she calls back with an answer on the CL.

Holy CARP!  After watching my Capital One online all weekend, and even early this morning, sometime in the last hour my account was updated to reflect a CL change from 3500 to 10k.  SWEET!  The card is still labeled as "Platinum Mastercard" on the site, but the rep did mention sending me a new card when I talked to her last week.  I guess I'll find out then if it's a Siggy.  10k I can handle though...  To think just a few years ago I was excited to have a 300 dollar Orchard Card.  

Message 371 of 831
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@p- wrote:

@p- wrote:

@p- wrote:

I emailed yesterday afternoon and got the exec call this morning.  Nice, helpful, upgraded my card and is processing the request for 10k to 15k limit.  Sweet.

When I talked to the exec rep, she upgraded me to the 1.5% cash rewards card with no A/F, and is processing (with a soft pull!) my request for the credit limit increase.  I already have a platinum rewards card and had asked in my email for a Cash Rewards Visa Signature.

I was so happy, it wasn't untilI hung up that I realized I never heard her say "Visa Signature".  Now I'm wondering if I actually got upgraded to the siggy card.  I looked online and it appears that the extra half percent rewards bonus only comes with the siggy cash card - plus the non-sig ones are for limits under 5k.  

My online account still says Platinum, but the answer regarding my CL increase is still pending.  What do y'all think?  Will I get my first Visa Signature card out of all of this?  I'll ask when she calls back with an answer on the CL.

Holy CARP!  After watching my Capital One online all weekend, and even early this morning, sometime in the last hour my account was updated to reflect a CL change from 3500 to 10k.  SWEET!  The card is still labeled as "Platinum Mastercard" on the site, but the rep did mention sending me a new card when I talked to her last week.  I guess I'll find out then if it's a Siggy.  10k I can handle though...  To think just a few years ago I was excited to have a 300 dollar Orchard Card.  

wow, nice!!! when will i ever get a major cc over $2k....

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 372 of 831
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats p. I like your sig. How can I get mine like that?

Message 373 of 831
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

These posts blow my mind. Every time I speak w the Exec Office, I get the run around :-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 374 of 831
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

I have a Platinum card from 4 years ago with a $500 credit limit with no rewards since it was just a starter card. Is it really possible to call in or e-mail them to see if they can do something about it? If FICO's are over 800 it shouldn't be a problem right?

Message 375 of 831
chan85
Established Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

I have a Platinum card from 4 years ago with a $500 credit limit with no rewards since it was just a starter card. Is it really possible to call in or e-mail them to see if they can do something about it? If FICO's are over 800 it shouldn't be a problem right?

My $500 platinum card was open since 2004 with that same limit and they just raised it to $3000 when I called the EO. My ficos are probably no higher than 670-680  depending on what report you look at , so I would think you are a prime candidate for an increase, possibly an upgrade to a better card. Have you checked their preapproval page to see if you qualify for something better?

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 376 of 831
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@chan85 wrote:

@Awesomely wrote:

My $500 platinum card was open since 2004 with that same limit and they just raised it to $3000 when I called the EO. My ficos are probably no higher than 670-680  depending on what report you look at , so I would think you are a prime candidate for an increase, possibly an upgrade to a better card. Have you checked their preapproval page to see if you qualify for something better?

My FICOs were around 730ish and I didn't have any preapprovals, but that's probably because I was on the Opt Out program.  I have since lifted that.  I got the same "need to apply for a higher teir card" from an overseas call center, however,  I'm in process of upgrading to the Plat Premier through the ExO right now. 

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 377 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Congrats p. I like your sig. How can I get mine like that?

I copied the idea from someone else here; If I remembered who I'd give them the credit.  Basically it's some google images pasted together into a paint document, uploaded to my profile images and set as a linked image in my signature.  If there's an easier way to do it, I don't know it.

***EDIT:  I remembered who I got the idea from.  It was @twelfthjoe2.

Message 378 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

I don't see why not.  Try the regular reps first, though.  They might be able to help you without the execs.  Then, if that doesn't work, go the exec route.

Message 379 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
These posts blow my mind. Every time I speak w the Exec Office, I get the run around :-/

Hmmm...  I've had my card over a year, and have scores in the low 700's and it worked for me...  But I have no collections, and high limits on a couple other cards.  What is your situation?  Did you email, or just call?

Message 380 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.