Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@PleioneG wrote:

Just a very brief update. Called the executive office back and they were unable to connect me to the person that originally called. I did speak to a very nice reprensative who listened to my inquiry and wanted to assist me. However, he was unable to pull up the account on his end since he still uses HSBC to review accounts. He took down my number, gave me his direct line, and has promised to get the information forwarded to the people who can look at this for me. In the event I hear nothing by tomorrow, I have to call him and let him know. 

Sounds promising so far. They've been very courteous with us.

Update: Spoke with the representive trying to touch base with us and she let us know they are trying to change their policies and doing manual reviews. Apologized for the frustration as a customer and that we were told wrong information about the card not being able to change with us. They said they're changing things up and trying this out in hopes to improve their customer relationships since they realize they have been way too conservative. They're going to do a manual review of our account. Gave information and so forth and they will let us know in 3-5 business days of the answer. Here we go...

Update on this.

Checked this morning and we have a $500. increase to our limit. They gave us the minimum asked. Very pleased. Smiley Happy Capital One has our business for another year. Perhaps in another 6-12 months they will consider another increase.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 401 of 831
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I've got a nice email ready to send off, I'm just waiting on a decision with something else that may clear up my credit a bit more 1st.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 402 of 831
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

These guys didn't do squat for me today.  Called up to cancel my "platinum" card after 7 years of use.  Not so much as a "why are you leaving", or attempt to get me to keep the card, or PC me to another product.  She just read me some statements about cancellations are effective immediately.  I was taken aback to tell the truth.  Oh well, get riddance to this lame company's card.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 403 of 831
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

These guys didn't do squat for me today.  Called up to cancel my "platinum" card after 7 years of use.  Not so much as a "why are you leaving", or attempt to get me to keep the card, or PC me to another product.  She just read me some statements about cancellations are effective immediately.  I was taken aback to tell the truth.  Oh well, get riddance to this lame company's card.

I wouldn't have called the EO to cancel a card. They really couldn't care less. I would've called regular CS and they might've offered you something or transferred you to a retentions dept or something. 

Message 404 of 831
YahComb
Established Contributor

Raz the way you wrote that makes it sound as if you called the exec office guns ablazin, threating closure right off the bat. In that case im not so surprised they didn't put up much of a fight to keep you.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 405 of 831
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

I sent a very assertive email that praised the company but spoke of disappointment. And I was very polite but direct when I spoke to the representative on the phone and explained to her our opinions on the card, expectations, and experience thus far. I didn't approach them with any sort of demands and did state that I enjoy being with Captial One because I do. I'm not sure how everyone else approached them, but doing it this way seemed to pay off for us. We would have been stuck at $500.00 forever had I not sent a detailed email. 

I think its all about approach. There are many people here who have been members for years and deserved the large CLI they recieved. I have only a member with them for 1 going on 2 years and they still were able to adjust our limit. It can be done if done right. It's why my husband lets me do all the talking since I'm the gentle-tone one, lol! (:

Message 406 of 831
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

My representave who I've been working with since I first emailed the CEO gave me a call back to ask how everything was going with my cards and if I was happy, I told her I wanted to see about PCing my card to a travel rewards, she said she was going to put in a request for me to change my Mastercard Platinum which gets 2% cashback on grocery/gas stations and 1% back on everything else, to 1.25 miles per dollar spent instead (I have the Cash Rewards Capital One card and don't really need two, as well as the Chase Freedom).  She said she will call me in a few days!

She's honestly been the biggest help to me.  Already got me a CLI, and backdoor recon approved for my Cash Rewards card.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 407 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

I do think its better to email them instead of calling. It might remove the suspicion they're probably having about constant phone calls.

Best practice steps for Capital One Exec credit limit increase:

......Moved to new thread HERE

Good luck!

Message 408 of 831
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

This is a sample of the email I sent out to the CEO after doing my own research.  I received a phone call the next day and the woman I have been working with and been talking to (she has helped me with a CLI, backdoor recon on an application, and a PC) has been more than wonderful.

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I've been a Capital One Customer for about a year now and am left unsatisfied and discouraged by your companies practices and procedures.  Not only am I attempting to make good on a past charge off account I had with your company (due to poor money management and being young and dumb) but using and paying in full the balance of my current credit card as well.  Not only have I been denied, not once, or twice, but several times for a credit limit increase (despite my low credit utilization and salary) but I also haven't been able to speak with someone who didn't sound like they were reading from a script, or copy/pasting pre written texts into a chat window.  I also was unsuccessful in my request in having the annual fee waived (which is $39.00 as opposed to the $16.00 annual fee promotion now for the same card).  It is discouraging and unfortunatly gives your company a less then reputable name.

I do appreciate your business giving me (as well as thousands of others) a second chance in rebuilding their credit, but I am perplexed when it comes to wanting to keep these customers.  I am planning to close my account in late November to avoid being charged the annual fee.

Again, thank you for allowing me to take steps into repairing my credit.

XXXXXXXXX
09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 409 of 831
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

@PleioneG wrote:

Just a very brief update. Called the executive office back and they were unable to connect me to the person that originally called. I did speak to a very nice reprensative who listened to my inquiry and wanted to assist me. However, he was unable to pull up the account on his end since he still uses HSBC to review accounts. He took down my number, gave me his direct line, and has promised to get the information forwarded to the people who can look at this for me. In the event I hear nothing by tomorrow, I have to call him and let him know. 

Sounds promising so far. They've been very courteous with us.

Update: Spoke with the representive trying to touch base with us and she let us know they are trying to change their policies and doing manual reviews. Apologized for the frustration as a customer and that we were told wrong information about the card not being able to change with us. They said they're changing things up and trying this out in hopes to improve their customer relationships since they realize they have been way too conservative. They're going to do a manual review of our account. Gave information and so forth and they will let us know in 3-5 business days of the answer. Here we go...

Update on this.

Checked this morning and we have a $500. increase to our limit. They gave us the minimum asked. Very pleased. Smiley Happy Capital One has our business for another year. Perhaps in another 6-12 months they will consider another increase.

Another udpate!

We sent a thank you letter to the people complimenting everyone that helped us and how we are going to be a long-term customer now. Received a phonecall thirty minutes later after sending that letter from the Rep who helped us to thank us for the letter. She's even going to put the cash rewards or mileage on our card since we mentioned that my husband uses for traveling. How nice is that?! I love Capital One now. Smiley Happy

Message 410 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.