Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@bernhardtra wrote:

I have noticed that the best results come to those who have had 2 or more years with Capital One.  Others seem to get no or small increases, while those with longer time with Capone get larger.  Those that are seeking the exec office route might want to consider that.  If they are looking for a large increase it might help if they wait a few more months and get increases on their other cards first.  I am not saying this because I am on their side, I am on your side! 

Mine was about 18 months old and the EO people matched my highest limit on another card.  They wouldn't go higher.

Message 521 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone PM me the email address? Thanks so much.

Try this:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

Message 522 of 831
StriderM99
New Contributor

@p- wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

I have noticed that the best results come to those who have had 2 or more years with Capital One.  Others seem to get no or small increases, while those with longer time with Capone get larger.  Those that are seeking the exec office route might want to consider that.  If they are looking for a large increase it might help if they wait a few more months and get increases on their other cards first.  I am not saying this because I am on their side, I am on your side! 

Mine was about 18 months old and the EO people matched my highest limit on another card.  They wouldn't go higher.

Did you have to tell them you had another card and wanted it matched, or did they already know about it and offered to match it?

Message 523 of 831
Anonymous
Not applicable

Posted this is another Capital One thread but wanted to put it here too since it was the thread that got me to try it :

Also wanted to thank everyone on here as I've recently had success emailing their office. Sent them an email last Wednesday or Thursday explaining that I'd be a customer for 7 years and only received one very minor increase and that was within the first few months of joining them. Never had a missed payment in those seven years. They called me on Monday and asked some follow up questions and said they would get back to me. I asked for $5000 expecting to get something less. Was at $1500 beforehand. Haven't gotten a call back from them yet but I logged into my account today and saw my limit was $5000! Thanks again to everyone who posted helpful information on here! Couldn't of done this without you.

Message 524 of 831
tpmlls
New Contributor

Hello,

I wanted to share my story as well. To the OP, I want to echo what they said, in that if I did not hear ALL the encouraging success stories on this forum, I too would have never had the fortitude to e-mail the EO. Well I have two Capital One cards, and my oldest card was the Platinum MC that I received after I had ruined my credit a few years ago. It was my biggest limit then of a paltry $500 CL, but I was so happy to be given a second chance. (That is something that to this day, I still think about and appreciate that even as a conservative lender, they at least opened their doors to me when no one else would.) Anyways, I used that card a lot, and carried a balance, but I was never late on any payments. About 6 months ago, I logged into my account and I saw that my CL on that card was raised to $2,000, and I about passed out! It was unreal, there was no heads up or call or anything, just a huge increase from a company that I thought only gave out $5 increases every 5 years! I was very happy, but I eventually applied for other cards and I was approved and I began to want to have real credit cards or "prime" cards as I hear on this forum, so I didn't really use my Capital One card, since it had no rewards or anything, but it was my biggest CL so there was no way I was going to close it. Last Thursday, I decided to send an e-mail to the EO and I was very honest in saying how I did not feel like this card was getting much use due to the AF, no rewards, and a relatively low CL, if any MAJOR expense came my way, but I also told them how gracious I was that they "took me in, when no one else would." I got a call from a very nice lady in the EO on Tuesday, saying that she received my e-mail and how Capital One is trying to change it's policies about increases and so on, and that she was going to do a manual review on my account to see what she could do. She asked the income questions and so on, and asked what CL I would like. I said that a $2,000 increase would be a great incentive for me to use the card more. She asked if I would be OK with a lower increase, and I said yes. Well today (Thursday) I got a call back from the same gal I spoke with earlier, and she said she was able to approve my increase, so my limit is now $4,000 on a CAPITAL ONE CARD. I was very happy, but that was not all. She also said that she went ahead and permanently waived the AF on my card, and she added a miles reward program on my card that will give me 1.25 miles per dollar spent. I had asked about a PC to the Venture card, but she said that was not possible since they are different cards, and I was fine with that because she had done so much for me already, and she really sounded sincere that it could not be done. I feel really good about my experience with Capital One's EO, and I will be sure to use the card more now, especially with no FTF when my wife and I travel. Very impressed overall with the professionalism and the promptness of my account review, and of course the outcome! A huge THANKS to everyone who posted their experiences and gave me the drive to follow through.

-Wes

Message 525 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:

@p- wrote:

@bernhardtra wrote:

Did you have to tell them you had another card and wanted it matched, or did they already know about it and offered to match it?

They asked what I wanted for a limit and what I would accept.  They didn't even actually give me what I said I would accept.  I based what I would accept on something about the level of the highest card I had and the length of time I had been with them  They went in between the highest and the lowest of the higher cards I had.  They will know what limits you have as they will do a soft pull on your bureaus anyway.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 526 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@StriderM99 wrote:Did you have to tell them you had another card and wanted it matched, or did they already know about it and offered to match it?

they asked what I wanted, and I tild them 15k; it was previously 3,500.  They offered 10k, so I took it.  There was no mention of my other 10k card.

Message 527 of 831
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Would anyone one pm me the executive office contact information? Thank you

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 528 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@alessandrom wrote:
Would anyone one pm me the executive office contact information? Thank you

Try the link I posted earlier on this page.  

Message 529 of 831
brianbbrown

I too had a great experience with CapitalOne Executive office.  I emailed them last Thursday stating how I've been a loyal customer, etc. etc.  One of the executives called me the very next day and asked how much CLI I needed.  I told him $1000 on my 1,000 limit MC and another $500 on my 700 limit MC.  He took my info and said he would submit my application to have it reviewed.  about 5 business days later, I logged on my account and "Viola!"  a $500 CLI and another $500 CLI on my other card!

So know, I have $1500 and $1250 limits.  I wonder if they PC'ed the cards??  I think these cards are stuck in rebuilder mode.  Should I expect more later?? 

anyways, I was really pleased with the way they handled everything!!

Message 530 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.