Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
NYFan63
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Cap1 called me Monday morning.  Spoke to a very nice young lady. They upgraded my three Cap1 MC's to QuikSilver One MC with same rates.  One CLI increased from $750 to $1,500.  I inquired about CLI on other cards and they said for me to send request on website.  Thanks MyFICO family! 

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 801 of 831
fungoman
Regular Contributor

After a denial on the CLI button on the site, I messaged them on facebook and explained my situation and defended the reason they gave for denial. Within 2 business days I got a call from the EO. She took my info and my request and within 2 business days I had a CLI. The facebook route still works too.

Message 802 of 831
musicon1110
Valued Member

@NYFan63 fantastic news! Congrats! Smiley Happy

I just wanted to let you guys know that it has been 6 months since my first EO call, so I called back today and spoke to the same guy that helped me last year. It was just as quick and easy as the first time we conversed. I asked for $2000 limits on all 4 credit lines and accepted partial increases if they can't increase to the amount I requested. Last year I was only given partial. They all went up by $250 except the Orchard which was increased by $350. I love that the EO remembers you and are open to you calling back. It adds a nice touch to this loathsome process. "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Message 803 of 831
YoungJay18
Contributor

Does anyone happen to know what the number is for Capital One Executive offices 

Message 804 of 831
YoungJay18
Contributor

Capital One Executive Office Number

Does anyone happen to know what the number is for Capital One Executive offices 

Message 805 of 831
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office Number

You're unlikely to get the response you want from them by cold calling. Google the Capital One Executive Officer. Once you see his name, go back to google type his name and the word email.

So basically "John Smith Email" it seems cumbersome but we can not post emails here for specific people even if it doesn't go directly to that person. You'll get a much better response from the executive office team if you email them and wait for a response.

As a general statement- my comments above are basically repeated time and again on this forum. It is really a simple search but for some reason people don't want to do it or search any of the threads on this topic (or read the posts with in the thread).

It is frustrating. Trust me, people want to help, we're not trying to keep the information secret, but the TOS of the forum just doesn't allow us to flash certain bits of information willy nilly. Admittedly, for my part, I don't want the EO abused so much that they close their doors to customers who've been using their cards for years because someone that has had the card for a month doesn't want to try the other channels first: front line CSR, secured messages, credit limit increase button etc.

I'm not suggesting that this applies to any one specific on this thread, but I am requesting that people don't abuse this back door method of contacting Cap One's EO team.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 806 of 831
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

I did Facebook route last week, within 2 days got a call and within another two days they increased BOTH my Quicksilvers from $1,250 to $2,000.. $1,500 total for maybe 5 minutes of conversation.

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 807 of 831
Santi78342
Established Contributor

Can someone please PM me the e-mail for the EO? No luck with the google search. Thanks!

Message 808 of 831
MrMurphyBrown
Regular Contributor

Look up at the posts above yours.

There are a number of people that don't bother to read this very valuable thread and want to "call" Cap1 EO.  I would recommend reading before you do anything.

Several other cards in the sock drawer. A few late payments that are legit from a few years ago. I may get motivated while in the garden to contend with Synchrony and try to get a good will deletion. Utilization and inquiries are my main score dings. I tend to sit in the 650-680 range most of the time because I love hitting "apply" buttons.
Message 809 of 831
nma851
Regular Contributor

Looking at this thread from 2012 - present (and this is more of an observation than anything), I honestly seem "out of place" with the recent CLI I got from them as it was automatic and my QS has 'matched' my Venture.  The letter I received about it, both in "my documents" and then in the mail, was something about "Are we doing something wrong?" or "Are you unhappy?" type verbiage along with "Here's additional purchasing power for you".  I've been using Barclays for the extra points for utilities, groceries, and so forth & between the QS's rewards & Barclays, the best "route" for me is to use Barclay.  Who wouldn't use the card that provided the MOST benefit, i.e. cash back?  Granted, I know Barclay is sensitive about this kinda thing, but at the same time - it's an auto CLI and if anything, this now gives Barclay incentive to counter Cap One's CLI.  

What I am not understanding though is why it seems there are some who have absolutely no choice but to go the EO route in order to get a simple CLI - and one that is generally not worth writing home about.  OF course, any CLI is better than none, but this process seems to be such a MASSIVe amount of work for a piddly amount.  Some are getting up'd from $500 to $1,500, some are from $500 to $5,000, and some have abosolutely NO success at all.  

Again, just as observation, there is an obvious issue with Cap One's CLI systems and/or policies to where so many cardholders - LONGSTANDING cardholders at that - have no recourse but to go to the top.  I applaud the efforts regardless of the outcome however we should NOT be having to take things to these extremes for basic account maintenance.  As a Cap One holder of 2 very good reward cards, this makes me think twice now about even continuing business with them just on the off-chance that I'll be in this position at some point in time myself.  It is good that these are all SP's as well; I am happy about that much in this process (whether it be via the luv button or via the EO), but still - there are just WAY too many people having to go this route & after spending the last 2 hours trying to read all 81 pages as best as possible, there exists a consensus that the only ones with authority to do what "should be done to begin wtih" is to get EO invovled.  

I'm certainly glad, once again, that you all have this avenue and truthfully, I now understand why the "traditional route" did not work to combine my 2 accounts (but then the auto-CLI happens??).  Something just isn't adding up w/Cap One & I don't particularly like having to see you all having to work your tails off for basic account needs.  I'm half-tempted to utilize this route just to combine the cards into one (gives me one card w/ an $8K limit), will then show the others that there's competition out there to start matching that credit line, but the million dollar question is always "Will it be worth the time & hassle?".  

Kudos to all that are succeeding this way to get what they should have had - especially those who are 2 year+ customers if not more - but for the 20th time, this REALLY is bothering me that the only way to get what we need, not necessarily deserve, is by going through the EO.  Back in 2012, they started this "revamping of (Cap One's) CLI Policy" and here it is, April 2014, and it's no different.  

Unless I've misread wrong, which is highly possible, this just doesn't seem to be a very good way for a company of this size to conduct business.  One would think, that after all the EO interventions, that they would WANT to compete with the other banks/lenders.  I, for one, after having to rebuild and currently being back in the garden for a while anyway, sure do not have high hopes for ongoing business if I have to beg & plead my case.  

DEFINITELY need some CSR improvements and DEFINITELY need to see this "CLI Policy Change" take effect rather quickly!   I truly am glad that you all are able to get the issues resolved, but I just shudder at how you all have to go about doing it.  I may not have alot of TLs but what I DO have serve me well & they need to grow.  In a few years, once I am able to harvest again, the FIRST plan of action is to tackle the above but if I have to jump hoops like this, just for simple account maintenance, will quickly make me want to take my business elsewhere.

Keep it up folks & remember, there's always other lenders out there that will take your business & be good to ya without all this nonsense.  If I take anything from this thread, it's that I can and will find another lender out there that does the right things without all the barricades... 

Take care everyone & as always, keep up the hard work.  Take it easy Smiley Happy

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 810 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.