Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@nma851 wrote:

What I am not understanding though is why it seems there are some who have absolutely no choice but to go the EO route in order to get a simple CLI - and one that is generally not worth writing home about.  OF course, any CLI is better than none, but this process seems to be such a MASSIVe amount of work for a piddly amount.  Some are getting up'd from $500 to $1,500, some are from $500 to $5,000, and some have abosolutely NO success at all.  

Take care everyone & as always, keep up the hard work.  Take it easy Smiley Happy

I agree with you, nma851. I love that the option is there, as I didn't know about it until this year (never thought to look for forums about credit woes, and I wish I had years ago).

I think it's definitely broken that people ever have to go to this level, and also broken that some people start with the EO. You probably don't go to your company's CEO for a new ink pen or wrist rest. 

I hate talking on the phone. But before going to the EO, I make an automated request if available (not so easy for APR decreases), secure message, phone call to normal CS, and then escalate if I haven't lost all hope. I've had good experiences with Capital One and Citibank EOs, and one case where I didn't have to go to the EO for Citibank. 

For the folks who can't be bothered to put the words "capital one ceo email" into Google or Bing or whatever, just do it. It saves people from getting in trouble on the forums, and it shows that you're willing to put nearly 15 seconds into research before escalating (if you're not willing to do so, it may be worth reconsidering the process yourself). (And I'll admit, I'm embarrassed to have asked on these forums last month for an EO address... I honestly didn't believe it was so easy. But I learned. Smiley Happy )

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 811 of 831
nma851
Regular Contributor

@NoAnchoviesPlease wrote:

@nma851 wrote:

What I am not understanding though is why it seems there are some who have absolutely no choice but to go the EO route in order to get a simple CLI - and one that is generally not worth writing home about.  OF course, any CLI is better than none, but this process seems to be such a MASSIVe amount of work for a piddly amount.  Some are getting up'd from $500 to $1,500, some are from $500 to $5,000, and some have abosolutely NO success at all.  

Take care everyone & as always, keep up the hard work.  Take it easy Smiley Happy

I agree with you, nma851. I love that the option is there, as I didn't know about it until this year (never thought to look for forums about credit woes, and I wish I had years ago).

I think it's definitely broken that people ever have to go to this level, and also broken that some people start with the EO. You probably don't go to your company's CEO for a new ink pen or wrist rest. 

I hate talking on the phone. But before going to the EO, I make an automated request if available (not so easy for APR decreases), secure message, phone call to normal CS, and then escalate if I haven't lost all hope. I've had good experiences with Capital One and Citibank EOs, and one case where I didn't have to go to the EO for Citibank. 

For the folks who can't be bothered to put the words "capital one ceo email" into Google or Bing or whatever, just do it. It saves people from getting in trouble on the forums, and it shows that you're willing to put nearly 15 seconds into research before escalating (if you're not willing to do so, it may be worth reconsidering the process yourself). (And I'll admit, I'm embarrassed to have asked on these forums last month for an EO address... I honestly didn't believe it was so easy. But I learned. Smiley Happy )

I hear ya too Smiley Happy

I surely do not say that/this with any offense whatsoever - at one point I was hunting for a "filter" option to remove any posts referring to "Where is the email/phone?" LOL...  You hit the nail on the head yourself with the "running to your CEO about a pen" remark.  That one will stick in my head a while just for a good laugh. 

Also, I suppose I did not word that properly.  Although the alternate interpretation you came up with out of the wording (in blue) is applicable too.  However, the *real* meaning behind that part was more of a "I cannot believe Cap One's level of service has come to the point that so many folks are having no choice but to utilize the EO route" versus how you interpreted it.  Again, bad verbiage on my part & my apologies.  Nonetheless, for BOTH meanings, people should be exhausting all options & doing what that can first.  It isn't that hard nor time-consuming as you've pointed out - nor is it appropriate to jump the gun without going through EVERY possible option before slamming an EO with all these requests.  To play devil's advocate, I can certainly understand why people do given some of the RIDICULOUS - and I mean downright ridiculous - conversations I have had myself with them.  I prefer to chat, that way I have a written history, particularly when it came to the "battle of the language barriers" in which the gal or guy thought I wanted to close the Cap One when I clearly kept referring to closing a sub-prime account by name.  If I had not picked up the phone after that counterproductive chat, I would have awoken to two closed accounts as he/she flagged them to close em!  It did not take EO intervention to get that resolved, but it sure wan't easy either.  Point being:  I still kept pushing and pushing and pushing through the appropriate channels, asking for managers, asking for higher-up managers, etc. etc.  

It all boils down to putting yourself in their shoes in the EO.  While I agree, as well, with the APR/PC aspects having to likely be escalated, I believe this more to be a failure on Cap One's part - not us - and these simple or semi-simple requests, if I were in the EO and being inundated with such, would DEFINITELY make me not a happy camper.  But I digress again as, again, if the CSRs or higher-up CSRs had the sense to do things right & handle our needs, we wouldn't be wasting all that time hammering away at the EO.  

Hopefully both sides will get the point here.  We as a community are here to help, not provide "shortcuts" per se to bypass the traditional means of handling our requests.  That EO would see in their account notes if a previous request was even made, how many people were talked to, etc.  I'm sure, given things are "recorded for quality purposes", the EO folks asking "Where did you get this number?" or "Why are you jumping the gun?" (or the equivalent) is because there isn't a history of that cardholder trying to even get the request handled as we're supposed to.  The way I see it - do all you can, try several times, get a different rep, get a higher up, exhaust all your options, and THEN and only then if you truly still cannot get the issue handled (NOT necessarily the answer you do not want to hear), then it's time to kick things up a notch.  As I said earlier, if I were being inundated with stuff like this regularly in the EO, I would be both wondering what the heck is going on with the regular CSR teams and also wondering why customers are bypassing those teams.  As big of a company as Cap One is, surely they would be taking it to THEIR higher ups & saying "Uhhh - why have we become regular CSRs lately?  We need to address what's going on here since cardholders are not being taken care of" as well as "Uhh something is going odd here as none of the people I've spoken to today have even made any requests - they're all coming straight to us". 

It's a fairly complex issue - both for us cardholders and for the EOs in these companies.  I just hate to come across the wrong way to anyone as I'm not intending nor wanting to 'scold' anyone necessarily but we have to look at it from both sides of the fence.  Do a bit of legwork, try & try, and if you cannot get REASONABLE results, then hit up the EO for intervention.  I sure do not blame some of the folks who have posted in here as it shows they have tried & tried & tried to no avail and it is those folks that need the EOs the most.  

Hope I don't offend anyone again - far from the intent!!! 

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 812 of 831
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

To be honest its not so much that "you have no choice" but to do this route. Its more that they don't feel you should get the CLI or w/e, but once you escalate it to higher levels they will do it just to make you happy.

They aren't forcing us to call/email them to get the limits, and we can't force them to just hand them out to everyone and anyone automatically or upon 1st request. 

Message 813 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Well I think exhausting all routes is a great idea.  Facebooking their bad customer service will let others be aware.  Including adding comments or requests about the Executive Office will help show some who do not come here to know this as an option.  The more it is done by us the more it will help others who may not have considered other aspects of doing things.  The more we use the EO, the better the chance of them actually changing things even a little more.  Regardless of the first result, since it seems that in some ways the EO contact point is becoming a bit similar to the CSR point for some, it will send a clear signal as they have to do more work and staff more people in that dept.  Spending money which they don't really need to is not something any company wants.  Remember, we are Americans, we founded our country on revoludtion.  We fought for our rights and we should remember that and use it in this situation here.  I imagine that the EO representatives are the highest paid, when you speak with them take your time to insure that they have to spend the most for this interaction.  When they notice costs rising in this area, then they investigate why and either add more people to that dept. or fix things.  If they simply add more people to the dept. and the revolution continues and they have to add even more people, they might then consider the best way to cut costs or alter their CLI policy even further.

I have to agree two years is a long time to reconsider a policy.  I admit they have given some partial fixes to it, but maybe we need to consider if partial is best.  I know I will be contacting them when it has been one year since my last increase on my converted HSBC account.  At that point I will ask that they simply close the other account with the highest limit and combine it into the HSBS account.  I will be doing that to help insure that if there are going to be any issues with an account it is with the account which they have yet to do anything with.  This will give me cause in the future to have to contact them again and help the community out even more.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 814 of 831
nma851
Regular Contributor

@bernhardtra wrote:

Well I think exhausting all routes is a great idea.  Facebooking their bad customer service will let others be aware.  Including adding comments or requests about the Executive Office will help show some who do not come here to know this as an option.  The more it is done by us the more it will help others who may not have considered other aspects of doing things.  The more we use the EO, the better the chance of them actually changing things even a little more.  Regardless of the first result, since it seems that in some ways the EO contact point is becoming a bit similar to the CSR point for some, it will send a clear signal as they have to do more work and staff more people in that dept.  Spending money which they don't really need to is not something any company wants.  Remember, we are Americans, we founded our country on revoludtion.  We fought for our rights and we should remember that and use it in this situation here.  I imagine that the EO representatives are the highest paid, when you speak with them take your time to insure that they have to spend the most for this interaction.  When they notice costs rising in this area, then they investigate why and either add more people to that dept. or fix things.  If they simply add more people to the dept. and the revolution continues and they have to add even more people, they might then consider the best way to cut costs or alter their CLI policy even further.

I have to agree two years is a long time to reconsider a policy.  I admit they have given some partial fixes to it, but maybe we need to consider if partial is best.  I know I will be contacting them when it has been one year since my last increase on my converted HSBC account.  At that point I will ask that they simply close the other account with the highest limit and combine it into the HSBS account.  I will be doing that to help insure that if there are going to be any issues with an account it is with the account which they have yet to do anything with.  This will give me cause in the future to have to contact them again and help the community out even more.

You've really made this response worth reading.  You hit on all subjects while offering excellent opinions that make sense versus make us think "What the heck?".  

For the items I "Blued/Bolded", it isn't a disagreement whatsoever - it's a "why should we have to continuously do this for basic account maintenance?" and so forth.  It's irritating for me as the "consumer" and I'm further irritated with the company for the "Re-vamping" nonsense.  We're obviously onto that line of BS as either this is the ONE company that follows the government's efficiency rate OR it is a company that is good at maintaining their "BS".  As long as I've had these accounts, which is certainly nothing in comparison with some folks out there (such as the 5+ year folks), I fail to simply see ANY points in making "luv buttons" or "auto-call-in lines" whenever we already know what the results will be.  

I say that based on the results - relatively consistent results - seen on this & similar threads.  People with 750+ across and 5 years with C1 are all having the same "Sorry - not gonna do it" answers.  Those who do not, they're not close to what seems to be a "CAP" on their CL's - eg: $2,000 average.  Any CLIs are nothing to write home about either. 

My whole purpose of the contact with them was CLI related - and while they "matched" the 2 lines, that meant I only received a $600 increase.  All that work for THAT much result?  True, something is better than nothing, however this added hassling doesn't really make it "worth" all that hassling so to speak.  It just makes me want to change lenders altogether, be done with C1, but what is that going to do to my credit position(s)?  Obviously I'll be taking 2 hits HP wise, 2 new accounts (if approved of course), and a drop for 6+ months to recover.  All that JUST to get out of a lender that doesn't want to let US grow with them?  Makes one think I suppose....

When you were speaking of contacting the EO as a matter of opening some eyes, we could also conclude that this wasn't really on their high priority list (or any list I suppose) given the CSRs are still in no better shape than they were 2 years ago when this thread was started.  Then seeing the number of new people with 2 posts wanting that information about the EO sends a stronger message to us in our community.  The need is there & C1 cannot possibly, after 2 years, still allege they're "working on it" when clearly they have not.  Otherwise, those newbies wouldn't be hunting for JUST this info.  Personally this bugs me as a community member but that is just me.  I'm glad our TOS doesn't allow for such but it further bugs me to no end seeing the countless "PM ME PLEASE" posts.  Anyway, sorry about getting off subject for a moment there but if we're sending a message via the EO route, that message is being disregarded.  That is BAD business & insulting to us as the cardholders.  We DO deserve better but look at "The Cost to Us" by changing companies.  It isn't as simple as changing cell phone providers unfortunately.  This is something that is all time & model based to where we cannot escape the initial harm.  

Knowing all this, I'm pretty much 'stuck' where I am as swapping out accounts would do alot more harm than good to me in particular (overall credit profile).  I'm not willing to take the HP/AAoA/NEW hits yet so I'm just going to have to deal with it.  Closing down the 2 builders cost me $1,500 in available but I also have more than enough to compensate that much at least.  Still, I cannot close out C1 for at least a year or I'll totally kill my AAoA and # of new accounts would be 3 or 4 - not worth it to me & these will be in my SD.  Will worry about a different bank/lender down the road as at least I am able to anticipate now, through what all has been opined throughout this thread about C1, that I'll need to get rid of C1 around Feb of next year.  

Chase, Citi, Amex, etc. will all still be knocking at my door by then - hopefully!! Smiley Happy  

Thank you again for such a great response BTW!

BCE: 22.5K; BC-REW: 15K; QSSIG: 15K; CITI: 6K; FREE: 15.5K; DISC-IT: 17K; FCU: 20K; FCU-HELOC: 7.3/45K; AMZ-MC: 6.5K; KAY: 7.4K, LOWES VISA: 22K. FICOS: EX: 829; TU: 812, EQ: 822- 21 OCT 15. (NEVER TO FORGET PRE-MF: 635, 629, & 630 in Oct 2012)
Message 815 of 831
degs138
Established Contributor

Could some one PM me the email address to the EO.  I need to send them a letter.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 816 of 831
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@degs138 wrote:

Could some one PM me the email address to the EO.  I need to send them a letter.

Please use this information for Capital One's Executive Office

http://bit.ly/1g0P1zO

Message 817 of 831
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

This thread is almost 83 pages long and there are multiple threads dedicated to the same basic topic.  What does that really say about the company?

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 818 of 831
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@TiggerDat wrote:

This thread is almost 83 pages long and there are multiple threads dedicated to the same basic topic.  What does that really say about the company?

It says that it used to not give out many CLIs of significant number. That is changing. Also, if there's nothing to add about it other than put the company down, why add to the discussion? Especially when the last post was a blank one and it was just dragging this thread from the abyss of all threads. Capital One is changing, I think, in that they are giving more CLIs now and of a significant amount. To me, they're awesome because like Amex it's only SP for CLI. Some companies offer CLIs but it's only HP -- Capital One beats them on that, but do we post about it every day? Nope.

Message 819 of 831
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

I think people need to realize that Cap1 will always be a conservative lender..it is just a big part of their business model and makes them money. I bet a small percentage, overall, of their customers are dead set about getting solid CLIs...the rest just move on to other lenders. 

Message 820 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.