Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

Man oh manit's been a successful 6 months after gardening up creditand I'm back after going in the cave and getting my credit scores/reports back up to Great/Excellent!!!! I currently just received a $2,000 CLI from Chase on my Freedom card, (probably could of got more but I went the safe routeand since I recently got my equifax scores over 700I went for the impossible Cap1 mission (A CLI from $500).!!! So I was going to do this 6 months ago but I figured I'd wait until I hit the 700 mark on equifax (was 685 at the timeand when I had a longer credit historySo I log back into my fico and head directly to this postand I follow it from scratchI call the customer service office and change my income from 27,000 to 43,000 and ask for that good OLE CLIAnd you know what happen from thereI got #DENIED lol but hey it's all apart of the processSo I ask to speak to someone hire upand what do you knowa senior analyst hops onI tell him that I called in to do a credit limit increase and that I was deniedand told him I've been trying for the past year and no luckI tell him that I always get the same letterand is there anything he could doHe said noonce its processed we send you a letter explaining whyand after that you can re-apply in the future. (It's when I knew he was a robotI said okay well can you like do a manual reviewor have it sent to be manually reviewedlike chase or any other bank does when it doesn't get approved at firstHe said no trust me if I could do something I wouldand that's when I said okay well thank you and have a good day! (He was beating around the bush and I hate robot talkto me it's just bad customer serviceHence I hung upI was happy about receiving in my eyes of what I call bad customer servicebecause while I was on the phone I was typing up my email to Mr.FairbanksNow I am successfully in part 2 of the CLI phaseand I am waiting to hear back from Cap1/Exec officeand I will keep everyone informed on what happens when I get a email or call backI am asking for a CLI from $500 to $5000 (hoping they can match my chase limitbut I will be happy with $3,000My question to you guys is should I PC to the Green card and try to get a higher limitor should I stay on journey and try the 5k CLI. (Also if I go the green card way and delete my cap1 card from lifewill the history stay on the green card when I PC or disappearBTW what is a PCone card to another right? (Blonde Moment)

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 551 of 831
Lkb273
Established Member

Finally got to have a conversation with the gentleman from the EO this morning.  He was very nice & just asked me some questions about my income and rent.  I asked for my almost 10 year old $1,300 platinum to be increased to $5K.  He asked me if I'd accept a partial increase and I told him I would.  I would like to use this card for my reimbursable business travel expenses, which I explained to him.  He said he's going to submit it to underwriting to be manually reviewed, and that they would do a soft pull. He told me he'd get back to me in 3-5 days...I hope it all works out.

I see others commenting about PCs, or getting rewards added - did you have to ask for those, or do they just throw them in?  I didn't ask for any rewards...wish I had.  Honestly, I'd just be happy with the increase so that my credit can build...but rewards would be nice Smiley Happy

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know if they received any rewards or PC's with out directly requesting them during their conversation with the EO.  Thanks!!

Wallet: AMEX EveryDay $1,000 | AMEX Blue Cash $13,800 | Macy's AMEX $6,500 | BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards $18,000 | Citi Double Cash $14,200 | Citi Simplicity $8,000 | Citi Diamond Preferred $5,100 | Discover IT $3,500 | Capital One Quicksilver $3,000 | Chase Freedom $10,000 | Chase Slate $10,000 | Chase Amazon $2,000 | Chase United $10,000 | Express Store Card $2,290 Overstock.com Store Card $5,800 | The Limited Store Card $1,000 | Ann Taylor Store Card $1000 | Crate & Barrel Store Card $10,000 | West Elm Store Card $3,000 | Z Gallerie Store Card $8,000
Message 552 of 831
tpmlls
New Contributor

When I contacted the EO, I had a $500 Platinum card, and got an increase to 4k with travel rewards, and then just a week ago, I had called and asked if I had any upgrade offers, and I was told YES! They upgraded my old card to a new VentureOne Mastercard with the same number and 4k limit. It is no longer in the sock-drawer!

Message 553 of 831
jna
New Contributor

can i have the email please!Thanks!

Message 554 of 831
ReaLiLJ
Regular Contributor

So after I had sent my email the next day around 10am pacific time I got a call from the EO office and the lady had left a voicemail since I was at work and couldn't pick up! But I called her back and this nice lady (with excellent customer service) told me she got the email and was willingly ready to help me. She asked a couple questions (income, investments and other assets information, rent ect) and ask for what limit I wanted!! I told her if they could match my chase card limit and she said that it was possible and she would send the request to underwriting (Soft Pull)!! She also stated that I could not PC to the green card b/c I was not "eligible" and my best bet would be to keep this card as they would do their best to bring this card up to the green card standards! (Very Cool ~Saves me an inquiry) she said that also if I didn't get the limit I want if I wanted to accept a counter offer (would automatically be done if I said yes) and I said yes because any increase is better then nothing with how cap1 has been lately hahaha so she said great you should know by next week, and I will be sure to follow up with you on this case and so now I am waiting Smiley Happy (Will update the outcome soon) BTW please don't just CALL THE EXEC OFFICE do it (p) way b/c like he says you will be assigned a case number and they will have to take care of you, and from what I've been seeing they respond to you quicker!! (Only took 1 day for me) plus it's just way better!!!!

20 Years & 1 Month Young; Total Income: $53k (Credit History): 1.9 years AAOA: 1.0 years
Fico Scores: Exp: 725 (12/4) EQ: 703 (11/13) TU: 736 (12/6) Total Credit Available: 89k
Wallet: AmEx Plat- NPSL | AmEx BCP $10.5K | BestBuy SC $10k | Duck Card $8k | BoFA CR Plat Plus Sig. $5k | Discover IT $6k | Chase Freedom Sig. $7k | CSP Sig. $5k | USBank Cash+ Sig. $5k | Barclays R MC $5k | Chevron Visa $5k | BR Visa $5k | Walmart Discover $4k | DCU Plat Visa $3k | QuickSilver CR $3k | Macy's Store CC/Macy's Amex $2.5k/$3k | BML $1.2k | Citi Divi Plat Visa $500
Open Loans: Sallie Mae SL: ($5.6k) (Def.) Car Loan (Red Devil FR-S): $20k/33k Remaining -Will Pay Off in 2yrs. Advice Welcomed!
Message 555 of 831
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Can I get the email as well pls?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 556 of 831
Ron1
Super Contributor

@jordanmedical wrote:

Can I get the email as well pls?

Edit: use PM's please

Friendly reminder that personal information posted in this forum (email addresses count) for non-public figures (which this is a grey area I'll admit since the individual in question likely doesn't read it) are a violation of the site's ToS.  

No harm no foul, just a heads up.

--Rev

Message 557 of 831
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Did richard work?

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 558 of 831
jpschroe37
Established Member

Just wanted to note that it took about a week to get a call back after emailing the executive office. Now to wait on the review process and answer. 

Message 559 of 831
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@jpschroe37 wrote:

Just wanted to note that it took about a week to get a call back after emailing the executive office. Now to wait on the review process and answer. 

that long? I read they usually get in contact with you the next couple of days. I just sent them an email about 5 minutes ago so we will see how long it takes them to get back at me.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 560 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.