Did you mean: 

Capital One Executive Office

tag
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Executive Office

@p- wrote:

@sccredit wrote:

I have been receiving a ton of emails asking for the email address.  I know it's posted much earlier in the thread but I'll put it here again: 

Mod Edit

sc - I've just been responding to the pm's with the link I posted above (How to CLI or PC Cap1)

I didn't realize the Green card was a Visa, that makes sense now.  Either way, I think the process was just fine.  Sure, it would be easier to hit a button, but how many people have gotten the results they wanted from a luv button?  How about the fact that there's no HP?  BOA and Chase customers don't seem to complain that they have to also call in, escalate to U/W, then get a HP for their efforts.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 481 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

I didn't realize the Green card was a Visa, that makes sense now.  Either way, I think the process was just fine.  Sure, it would be easier to hit a button, but how many people have gotten the results they wanted from a luv button?  How about the fact that there's no HP?  BOA and Chase customers don't seem to complain that they have to also call in, escalate to U/W, then get a HP for their efforts.

I agree - I had to call Chase backdoor and speak to a credit analyst to achieve 10k, and it cost me a hard pull.  Capital one was a bit more legwork, but got it done with a soft pull.  The net was more work on my end, but a better overall result.

I personally have been happy with Cap1 - they gave me my first "big boy" limit, are still one of my highest card to date, and don't charge an AF.  Granted, without what I learned here I would probably join the ranks of haters.

Message 482 of 831
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

I agree - I had to call Chase backdoor and speak to a credit analyst to achieve 10k, and it cost me a hard pull.  Capital one was a bit more legwork, but got it done with a soft pull.  The net was more work on my end, but a better overall result.

I personally have been happy with Cap1 - they gave me my first "big boy" limit, are still one of my highest card to date, and don't charge an AF.  Granted, without what I learned here I would probably join the ranks of haters.

+1
I initially hated cap1 because they denied me for a secured card, but then I applied through a mail offer and they gave me my first card, and with a 3k limit. Still my highest limit and it is amazing and I love them. Smiley Very Happy They PCd me too, so I can never hate. 
Message 483 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
I initially hated cap1 because they denied me for a secured card, but then I applied through a mail offer and they gave me my first card, and with a 3k limit. Still my highest limit and it is amazing and I love them. Smiley Very Happy They PCd me too, so I can never hate.

Yeah, it's hard to hate a company that gave me credit when no one else would, and still grows with me.   

@Jutz wrote:

I didn't realize the Green card was a Visa, that makes sense now.  

The green card isn't just Visa.  When they PC'd me to the cash rewards I was sure I'd get a Visa sig, but they sent me a green MC.  When I asked why, they said that you can't change from MC to Visa.  And I was all excited about my first visa siggy card too :-(

Message 484 of 831
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@p- wrote:
@jsucool76 wrote:

Yeah, it's hard to hate a company that gave me credit when no one else would, and still grows with me.   

@Jutz wrote:

I didn't realize the Green card was a Visa, that makes sense now.  

The green card isn't just Visa.  When they PC'd me to the cash rewards I was sure I'd get a Visa sig, but they sent me a green MC.  When I asked why, they said that you can't change from MC to Visa.  And I was all excited about my first visa siggy card too :-(

Did they at least give you a world mastercard? And you can change to the visa version, they told me I could if I wanted to. lol

Message 485 of 831
p-
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Did they at least give you a world mastercard? And you can change to the visa version, they told me I could if I wanted to. lol

W'uk?  Now, there's the inconsistent, confusing cap 1 we know and love...  and no, it's not world :-(

Message 486 of 831
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Call up and ask for a WMC at least. lol 

Message 487 of 831
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

@Jutz wrote:

Did they actually do a PC?  They told me they couldn't PC, but could add the rewards program from cash rewards on it.   That's good to know for the future.  I'm pretty content with it at 2k.  I had it for 14 months, pushed around 8k through it in the first 10 months, never late obviously, always PIF, except a few months to report low UTIL, around $50 each time.  My scores have come up around 125-150 points since this spring, so obviously showed progress at least.

While it's not a big boy limit, it's not really a toy limit either, so I'm happy to have it sit on my credit profile for awhile.  Maybe in a year or so I'll request another, but I'm happy with what I got.  Hell, my BOA Platinum is still at $600 after 7 years, and I can't even raise that without a HP.

They did PC mine, at first they just added rewards and deleted annual fee, but i already got 5k limit at a time, so I called Rewards dept. to ask whether i have World MC benefits because my MC is already at 5 k, they said i do. Couple days latter, my account online changed to world mc, and I got a letter today that my card is upgraded to the green card in full. Card is in the mail...

MY BOA platinum + was at 500 but i was asking CLI's every 6 months, before it was only a SP, so right now that limit is 12k. You always gotta ask and be persistent.

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 488 of 831
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

@Jutz wrote:

Did they actually do a PC?  They told me they couldn't PC, but could add the rewards program from cash rewards on it.   That's good to know for the future.  I'm pretty content with it at 2k.  I had it for 14 months, pushed around 8k through it in the first 10 months, never late obviously, always PIF, except a few months to report low UTIL, around $50 each time.  My scores have come up around 125-150 points since this spring, so obviously showed progress at least.

While it's not a big boy limit, it's not really a toy limit either, so I'm happy to have it sit on my credit profile for awhile.  Maybe in a year or so I'll request another, but I'm happy with what I got.  Hell, my BOA Platinum is still at $600 after 7 years, and I can't even raise that without a HP.

They did PC mine, at first they just added rewards and deleted annual fee, but i already got 5k limit at a time, so I called Rewards dept. to ask whether i have World MC benefits because my MC is already at 5 k, they said i do. Couple days latter, my account online changed to world mc, and I got a letter today that my card is upgraded to the green card in full. Card is in the mail...

MY BOA platinum + was at 500 but i was asking CLI's every 6 months, before it was only a SP, so right now that limit is 12k. You always gotta ask and be persistent.

My green card is in the mail.  It's a frankenstein card.  It's a Plat MC in the system, no AF, physically a cash rewards green card.  Weird.

Also, I'm afraid to waste a HP on my BOA Platinum because I had like 5 30 day lates over the 6-7 years I've had it.  I'm waiting to put some more space between me and them first.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 489 of 831
Viperlx
New Contributor

I know this has been asked before and Google has failed me.  Can someone pm me a contact for the executive office?  I have the number and all but I am trying to GW them.

Message 490 of 831
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.