Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One FICO service

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Capital One FICO service

Signed onto my Capital One online account and a pop up message appeared offering free access to FICO scoring.

It's Transunion based.

But the interesting feature is they have a Simulator tab where you can adjust different factors and simulate the impact on your FICO:

You can toggle items such as the following and see how your FICO changes:

Eliminate all credit card balances Increase the balance on all credit cards Maintain a history of on-time payments (in months) Allow one monthly account to become delinquent (in days)

Allow every monthly account to become delinquent (in days)

Add credit card

Add credit inquiries

Raise the credit line on a card

Add loan account

Transfer balances to a new card

Cancel your oldest credit card

Tax Lien

Foreclosure

Child Support

Wage Garnishment

I's take it with a grain of salt though, for hypothetical entertainment purposes, interesting it even assigns grades:

On time payments: A

Oldest credit line, 23 years: B

Credit utilization, 1%: A

Recent inquiries, 5: C

New accounts, 8: D

Available credit, $150K+, A

This score is 765 but other sites such as Discover I get 819, Experian 817...so FAKO score from Cap One maybe

You also get delinquent account #, derogatory account #, total accounts, monthly payments, # open accounts 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One FICO service

Unless this is something new, I think you are talking about the Credit tracker which is NOT a FICO.

Its just a FAKO score.  It is usefull for what it is, but I wouldn't put too much into the actual score.

Message 2 of 13
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Signed onto my Capital One online account and a pop up message appeared offering free access to FICO scoring.

It's Transunion based.

But the interesting feature is they have a Simulator tab where you can adjust different factors and simulate the impact on your FICO:

Eliminate all credit card balances Increase the balance on all credit cards Maintain a history of on-time payments (in months) Allow one monthly account to become delinquent (in days)

Add credit card

Add credit inquiries

Add loan account

Tax Lien

Foreclosure

Child Support

Wage Garnishment

I keep seeing this mentioned but I have yet to see it on my account. Do you have something other than a credit card with Cap One?

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 3 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

It is a FAKO score, the Trans Union New Account model.. Do not put faith in the score as already stated..

Message 4 of 13
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

Unless this is something new, I think you are talking about the Credit tracker which is NOT a FICO.

Its just a FAKO score.  It is usefull for what it is, but I wouldn't put too much into the actual score.

+1 its FAKO, and currently reflects 80 points lower than my Discover FICO. 

The simulator should have a disclaimer stating "for entertainment purposes only" its really bad for a lot of hypotheticals. 

Message 5 of 13
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@CenturyChild wrote:

^^^^

I'm not sure but it says it's from Transunion.

Message 6 of 13
DevotionToU
Regular Contributor

I have the same link as the OP.  Right hand side of the page under "I Want To..."  Track My Credit Score

$18000 Discover IT / $6000 Chase Freedom / $5000 DCU Visa / $3900 Fifth Third / $2500 Capital One Quicksilver / $2000 AMEX Blue Cash Everyday / $500 Chase Slate
Message 7 of 13
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

It's Transunion based.

Add credit card

Add credit inquiries

Add loan account

Tax Lien

Foreclosure

Child Support

Wage Garnishment

I keep seeing this mentioned but I have yet to see it on my account. Do you have something other than a credit card with Cap One?

^^^

I have the Cap one platinum no hassle rewards and Quicksilver cards only, here's the link: https://creditscore.capitalone.com/web/index.html#simulator (actually this lnk takes you to a site that says it is down but if you go to the site from Cap one log on site, it works, so you cannot use this link to backdoor your way in it seems, must go thru the ca one site)

Message 8 of 13
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

@EndlessRoad wrote:

@CenturyChild wrote:

+1 its FAKO, and currently reflects 80 points lower than my Discover FICO. 

The simulator should have a disclaimer stating "for entertainment purposes only" its really bad for a lot of hypotheticals. 

^^^

I agree, should be a huge disclaimer but at least it's something to play with

Message 9 of 13
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

@BluePoodle

When you log into your account sometimes a link will appear at the top of the main page, above your accounts mentioning it. 

If it isn't there look to the right of your accounts, where it says :"I Want To"" there is a list of things like go paperless etc...

There should be a link for 'Track my Credit Score"

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.