Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One FR!!!????

tag
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Capital One FR!!!????

Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating

These inquires include requests from employers, companies making promotional offers and your own requests to check your credit.  These inquiries are only viewable by you.

Company Information: AR-CAPITAL ONE  
Date of Inquiry: 05/03/11

Checking my EQ report and see this Smiley Surprised Now I have a secured card with them and a NO Hassles Rewards Card.  A few months ago I got a CLI on the secured for $300 and I'm in the Credit steps program for the no hassles... Could this be the reason for the FR?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One FR!!!????

@mrmagic9799 wrote:

Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating

These inquires include requests from employers, companies making promotional offers and your own requests to check your credit.  These inquiries are only viewable by you.

Company Information: AR-CAPITAL ONE  
Date of Inquiry: 05/03/11

Checking my EQ report and see this Smiley Surprised Now I have a secured card with them and a NO Hassles Rewards Card.  A few months ago I got a CLI on the secured for $300 and I'm in the Credit steps program for the no hassles... Could this be the reason for the FR?

That is merely an A/R = account review soft inq which are typical of current lenders

it is not an F/R = financial review which is generally accompanied by a request for financial documents and is a totally different animal Smiley Happy

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 9
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Ok, so why would they be softing my file?

Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@mrmagic9799 wrote:

Ok, so why would they be softing my file?

They are routine reviews but in this case may have been placed in connection with your CLI request, in any case, it is nothing to be concerned about.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
mrmagic9799
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One AR!!!????

Ok...THANKS!

Message 5 of 9
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Also, an AR can often sometimes be followed by another product offer in the mail, an auto CLI, or some other nice thing.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 6 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Message 7 of 9
laz98
Senior Contributor

yeah, ARs are not always meaningful.  capital one, bank of america, & usaa soft my credit reports every single month.

Message 8 of 9
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Since you have secured  card and a credit steps card, they are also watching your credit to see if it improves and if you would be elgible for CLI.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.