cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Facebook PM - (NO LONGER AS VIABLE)

tag
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Capital One Facebook PM - (NO LONGER AS VIABLE)

60 days ago I spoke with Capital One via Facebook PM about my account. They were friendly and put me in touch with a person who phoned me from EO. That person told me to let the credit steps program finish and reviewed my credit.. She told me she would be happy to get me an increase to a comfortable level after April 14th when my statement hit and credit steps completed. Sadly, today, when I reached back out via Facebook again to get in touch, I've had two reps tell me that the only way to discuss my account's credit is to fill out a request online for an increase and/or call automated line on back of my card. Obviously they are tightening EO access via Facebook... I made the huge mistake of not getting the name/number of my representative when I spoke to her.. she said she would absolutely help me... and now I'm hosed. I guess I can attempt to reach out via the phone number and/or e-mail address.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Facebook PM - (NO LONGER AS VIABLE)

@dallasareaguy wrote:

60 days ago I spoke with Capital One via Facebook PM about my account. They were friendly and put me in touch with a person who phoned me from EO. That person told me to let the credit steps program finish and reviewed my credit.. She told me she would be happy to get me an increase to a comfortable level after April 14th when my statement hit and credit steps completed. Sadly, today, when I reached back out via Facebook again to get in touch, I've had two reps tell me that the only way to discuss my account's credit is to fill out a request online for an increase and/or call automated line on back of my card. Obviously they are tightening EO access via Facebook... I made the huge mistake of not getting the name/number of my representative when I spoke to her.. she said she would absolutely help me... and now I'm hosed. I guess I can attempt to reach out via the phone number and/or e-mail address.

If you already had a previous open case with your account, just call them.  You can let the EO agent know that you didn't get the name of the person who contacted you and assisted you and they can likely look it up in their notes from the last request.

Message 2 of 5
ltorres25
Regular Contributor

OP I just sent you a PM, check your inbox.

| TU FICO: 747 | EQ FICO: 746 | EX FICO: 741 | Last HP: 5/20/15 |
Message 3 of 5
dallasareaguy
Frequent Contributor

Thanks all.. I called them and re-explained my situation and desire.. 3-5 day answer they said I will hear. I will check the account as the week goes on and hope for the best.... thanks for the phone number.

CapOne QS
$10,250

AMEX Delta Gold
$15,000

AMEX BCE
$5,000

AMEX BCP
$1,000

AMEX HHonors
$1,600

Discover it
$2,000
FICO8 Scores:
EQ: 648
TU: 654
EX: 691

(as of 07/15/2017)
Message 4 of 5
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@dallasareaguy wrote:

Same experience here. Their FB reps are becoming very similar to their chat / phone reps. 

Or, somebody higher up has told them to not bug the EO guys.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.