Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Facebook

tag
Iorek
Contributor

Capital One Facebook

I sent a message to Capital One on Facebook to ask about PCing my Journey card to the Quicksilver (with no AF) and about getting a credit line increase.

Strangely, the agent was able to PC my card no problem but claimed that "we're actually not able to do a credit line increase directly through an agent" and told me to use the online/automated systems.

Has this been the experience of everyone else? Is using the EO e-mail instead the best way to go here?

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Facebook

Tell them you want your info forwarded to the Executive Office. That's what I did after being unsuccessful through FB message- the EO called me the next day.

Message 2 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Same message I got on Facebook, so I tried twitter, and got a phone call from the EO yesterday and answered some questions, now Im just waiting for them to call me back with an answer.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 3 of 9
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Yeah the agent I spoke with a few months ago told me the same thing. I told him to cancel the card. It served its purpose, its a shame they refuse to grow with you outside EO intervention.
Message 4 of 9
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

that is what I focused on, how I want the card to grow with me since I've now been approved for Chase/Amex/Barclays with all higher limits, and we want to use the Cap1 QS for a home improvement project (white lie)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 5 of 9
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

What happened wi your situation? Were you able to get a PC to the quicksilver?
TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 6 of 9
Iorek
Contributor

@sleephla541 wrote:
What happened wi your situation? Were you able to get a PC to the quicksilver?

Yup!

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 7 of 9
john398
Senior Contributor

Capital 1 Facebook and EO agents are pretty much the same I have found, same people handle both inquireis pretty much

Message 8 of 9
kroberts67
Established Contributor

FB is so quick to respond!  I messaged FB late Sunday night, got a message response within 15 min or so, then got a call from the EO yesterday, they will waive my AF and I'm just waiting on the denial, i mean the answer for a CLI.  Smiley Wink

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.