Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Forgives Once?

tag
Helena_313
New Contributor

Capital One - Forgives Once?

I remember reading on here that Capital One forgives once? Can anyone share their experiences? I had a paid CO with them - CO was a while ago, paid off several months ago. Any input would be great. Thanks!
03/2013 EQ 606 TU 609
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One - Forgives Once?

Yes, they do forgive.  Mostly pre-screen offers I've been seeing.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if this example counts, but I'll tell you anyway.  A young friend of mine got a Capital One card with a promise of a CLI after 5 on-time payments. He went over his limit once and Capital One sent a letter saying they will still honor his CLI if he still makes 2 additional payments on-time on top of the original 5 for a total of 7 billing cycles. Last week, he got a CLI exactly as promised.  I don't think my friend knows his credit because he has none, but Cap One definitely is helping him build credit and establish a good relationship.  Go Cap One!

Message 3 of 4
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

Yes, they forgive!  I included them in my BK7 in 11/05, had 3 accounts with them.  They approved me for a MC last year.  CL is $2500.  Thank you Capital One!
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.