cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Frustrations

tag

Capital One - Frustrations

Happy New Year, all!

I gave a call to CapOne's standard customer service to see if I could figure out how to either get rid of my AFs or get a CLI on either of my cards or PC to better cards. I was glad that the CSR was not reading a script, but I was super unsuccessful in my attempts.

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me figure out what to even say in these situations or what other ways I can contact CapOne to try to negotiate this.

My "Platinum" MasterCard has $1,750 on it. Opened in 1/2010 with a $500 limit, then had 2 credit steps increases to $750 and $1000 and then out of nowhere in 12/2010 it jumped up to $1,750  (a rare thing with CapOne)

I also have the No Hassle Rewards which I opened in 6/2010. It started with a $500 limit and had 1 increase to $750. They claim they never offered me credit steps although I am sure they have.

I have never missed a payment on either card and since 2010 I've had pretty drastic updates in my credit standing.

Just wondering if there is anything I can say or do to save on these AFs I'm about to get hit with.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I saw that people have had success in contacting the executive office, but I'm not sure how I'd do that or what works when talking to them.

Starting Score: 8/2009 - 542
Current Score: 1/2013 - TU 702 / EQ 692/ EX 692
Goal Score: All above 700
Wallet: Discover IT - $8,800 | Amex PRG - NPSL | Capital One Platinum Mastercard - $5,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards Mastercard - $2,000 | Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - $3,000 | USAirways Mastercard - $5,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sdoonan
Contributor

Re: Capital One - Frustrations

Give this thread, especially the OP, a once-over:

Cap1 PC/CLI

Cards: CitiForward for Students (2K, opened 8/2009), Discover it (2K, opened 7/2010), AMEX BCE (1k, opened 12/2010), Capital One Quicksilver (4.5k, opened 11/2011), Chase Freedom (1.5k, opened 8/2014)

AMEX Platinum (NPSL, AC arrangement, added 12/2011), Citi AAdvantage AMEX (9k, AU, backdated to 9/2008)

Scores: TU 667, EQ 651

In the Garden since 8/8.
Message 2 of 10
negg
Frequent Contributor

It's cap1 anything goes.  Ymmv with them

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 3 of 10
Bearclaw
Established Member

In my opinion, Capital one is garbage. The cards and benefits are worthless compared to any other card on the market and their customer service is a complete joke. I use mine once a month and that is only because I keep it open for AAOA.
Message 4 of 10
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Are the balances paid in full?
NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 5 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I would suggest calling the executive office. That is pretty much the only option you have at this point.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 10
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I don't understand why about the Capital one frustrations..I was able to get my credit limit raised on my Venture One card after only being open for 2 months...I simply called and told them that I would be going to Canada this summer and I need a higher limit...As I plan to go there there in July...I have never had any problems with Cap one

Message 7 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@sandman2435 wrote:

I don't understand why about the Capital one frustrations..I was able to get my credit limit raised on my Venture One card after only being open for 2 months...I simply called and told them that I would be going to Canada this summer and I need a higher limit...As I plan to go there there in July...I have never had any problems with Cap one

Probably because you hold one of their "excellent" credit products. Getting things done should be a little easier.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 10
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@sandman2435 wrote:

Probably because you hold one of their "excellent" credit products. Getting things done should be a little easier.

+1

Capital One is mainly a sub-prime lender for people with bad credit or credit problems. I've noticed they have very few "excellent" credit products.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 10
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Their Venture Card is very good.But you will need to have a score over 700 and 3 years exp with cards over 5K..Yes They do have a lot of sub-prime cards as well

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.