Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One + GM BuyPower WE MC

tag
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

Capital One + GM BuyPower WE MC

I was watching TV and came across a commercial promoting the Capital One/GM BuyPower WE MC.  To bad I am a BMW fan.

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/buypower-card/

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One + GM BuyPower WE MC

@JAY305 wrote:

I was watching TV and came across a commercial promoting the Capital One/GM BuyPower WE MC.  To bad I am a BMW fan.

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/partnerships/buypower-card/

So was I until my local dealership ticked me off.  Personally not a GM fan, but I still got a Buypower card.  It's one of very few Cap1 cards that only hard pulls 1 CR.

Message 2 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I've had that one since accepting a mail preapproval last October. It's still stale at $600 and to add insult to injury Crap1 burned me with a wasted HP when i recently tried their EO route for a CLI. I only requested 400 to make it an even 1000 and they couldn't even make that Ugh Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 8
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I've had that one since accepting a mail preapproval last October. It's still stale at $600 and to add insult to injury Crap1 burned me with a wasted HP when i recently tried their EO route for a CLI. I only requested 400 to make it an even 1000 and they couldn't even make that Ugh Smiley Sad

oh wow - i would have thought they would offer generous limits given their relationship with GM.  

Message 4 of 8
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@JAY305 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

oh wow - i would have thought they would offer generous limits given their relationship with GM.  

They were handing out toy limits for awhile.  Lately they seem to be more generous.  The card is flimsy like a hotel card and the WEMC looks like a sticker they added at the last minute.  So many similarities with my GM vehicle experience....

Message 5 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@JAY305 wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

It's the truth unfortunately. Good thing though that they soured me early enough on this one because theres absolutely no way i ever want to chance another of their crappy cards and have to do their EO dance just for a small CLI that's too difficult for them Smiley Mad.

Message 6 of 8
One7
Valued Contributor

I dislike Capital One, but I have this card. Hopefully it will change my view of them, but most likely not. 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 7 of 8
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Well i don't want to dislike them but up to now they have really rubbed the last nerve. I thought for certain i would qualify even for just a small bump up to this vertical shaped WEMC but in retrospect and after retracing my steps again, it 's starting to look like my recent wasted HP denial thru the EO has to do with my lowest scorecard bureau Equifax. I almost fell over when in the letter it came back 655 Smiley Surprised  Both my TU & EX are 712 & 720 respectively. I used to fear TransUnion but since building up my CC portfolio shockingly enough it's turning out to be a toss up between them and Experian that consistently compete to showing my highest scores. I dunno, i probably would been spooked too at such a low score on EQ. Shame they don't pull one of the others for the GM Card, then i might have a legitimate argument to spar over with them. But if even the EO declines, that's pretty much a done deal as i see it.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.