Regular Contributor
Cyan007

Capital One Goodwill Letter... any luck?

I sent a goodwill letter a few weeks ago and received a response to call them to provide more information on the account.  After doing so they had no idea what I was talking about with having a 30-day late removed from my credit report.  I had to explain it 10 different times on what the original letter was meant for. 

After all of that they say they can't do anything.  Has anyone else had any luck with them?

EQ (11/16/2007): 573

Starting Score (1/1/2010): EQ: 712 -- TU: 726
Current Score: EQ: 748 (12/22/11) -- TU: 726 (1/7/10) -- TU04: 701 (1/27/10) -- EX: 747 (1/27/10) (LO)
Goal Score: EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Super Contributor
DI

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter... any luck?

Cyan007 wrote:

I sent a goodwill letter a few weeks ago and received a response to call them to provide more information on the account.  After doing so they had no idea what I was talking about with having a 30-day late removed from my credit report.  I had to explain it 10 different times on what the original letter was meant for. 

After all of that they say they can't do anything.  Has anyone else had any luck with them?

It's very rare to have a successful GW with Capital One.  It doesn't require writing a letter.  It's all about getting the right person on the phone. I got all my lates removed in 2004 after calling to have the account reopened after they closed it.  Capital One allowed me to keep my same account that was opened 10/2001.  I am grateful.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}