cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Goodwill Letter... any luck?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Goodwill Letter... any luck?

I sent a goodwill letter a few weeks ago and received a response to call them to provide more information on the account.  After doing so they had no idea what I was talking about with having a 30-day late removed from my credit report.  I had to explain it 10 different times on what the original letter was meant for. 

After all of that they say they can't do anything.  Has anyone else had any luck with them?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Capital One Goodwill Letter... any luck?

@Anonymous wrote:

I sent a goodwill letter a few weeks ago and received a response to call them to provide more information on the account.  After doing so they had no idea what I was talking about with having a 30-day late removed from my credit report.  I had to explain it 10 different times on what the original letter was meant for. 

After all of that they say they can't do anything.  Has anyone else had any luck with them?

It's very rare to have a successful GW with Capital One.  It doesn't require writing a letter.  It's all about getting the right person on the phone. I got all my lates removed in 2004 after calling to have the account reopened after they closed it.  Capital One allowed me to keep my same account that was opened 10/2001.  I am grateful.  

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.