Established Contributor
cdtotten

Capital One Goodwill

Hey everyone! Just wondering if anybody has ever had luck with Capital One and getting 30 day lates removed via a goodwill letter. In my stupid college years (all in 2005) , I had 3 30-day lates post. I have sent them 2-3 goodwill letters, and all I ever get back is "we show you made 3 late payments that year and have reported such to the bureaus...thanks".

Any tips or tricks? Should I keep sending them letters or give up? Is there a better address to try then what's on the credit report?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Regular Contributor
isisblue

Re: Capital One Goodwill

Hi,

No luck yet, but I think someone did.  I just tried again by writing to the CEO. I'll update when I get the good news! (Because it WILL be good news! Think positive!)

Starting Score: EQ 433 12/2008
Current Score: EQ 649EX (LO Pull) 683 TU 663
Goal Score: 700 12/11

All baddies gone! lates have hit the 2 year mark!
Regular Contributor
morganirish

I sent several GW's awhile back, always with the same response, "NO".  However the last one I sent I got a response of "no we can't remove the lates but we are increasing your credit line by 2,000".  So, you never know what could happen. 

Established Contributor
cdtotten

Well I closed the accounts 3 years ago, so a CLI isn't gonna help me much, but it would definately be reassuring if someone has actually had luck.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+