Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Help?!?!?

tag
syncerepapi
Established Member

Capital One Help?!?!?

I've been a long time lurker here on the boards.  Back in August I paid off all my revolving debt through a DMP and of course all my credit cards were closed.  My scores are still in the crapper due to being a cosigner on an auto loan that the other person has now defaulted on.  I have one card through HSBC with a $300 credit limit that was not included in the DMP and have over 12 months positve history.  Fast forward I was just approved last week for a card from capital one.  I applied for the Cap1 Cash Rewards card for average credit (i believe this is the mastercard).  I got an instant approval for $1000 limit.  However, when I received the card it is not green, but is the regular Platinum card shown on the website.  The weird thing is that my Platinum card has the same perks as the Cash rewards card and is part of the credit steps program where after 5 months it will be increased to $1500.  I called customer service and was told that I was not approved for the Cash rewards card but they did approve me for the platinum card and added rewards perks to it.  Im not sure if this was because I just paid them off a few months ago through the DMP.  Has anyone heard of them doing this before?  Why would they do this?  It seems as if its still the same product by giving my the reward perks.  Below is what it says I get which is the exact same for the green cash rewards card.

Purchase APRTransfer InfoAnnual Fee

1% cash back on all purchases

50% bonus on the cash back you earn every year
0% intro APR until September 2013; 19.8% variable APR after that
19.8% variable APR; No Transfer Fee

$39

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
icetrap06
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital One Help?!?!?

I had a traditional platinum card with no perks with them since 2007.  After several requests for rewards/CLI I was finally approved by the exec office.  When they approved, they simply added the rewards program to my platinum card.  Not sure why they wouldnt just issue you the green card seeing you were a new applicant.  Are there any differences in the benefits?

NFCU cashRewards (22k) | Discover IT (8k) | AMEX EveryDay (5k) | AMEX Delta Gold (5k) | CSP (5k) | Marriott Rewards Premier (5k) | Citi Hilton Reserve(5k) | AMEX SPG (2k)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scores: EQ - 670 | TU- 742 | EX - 691
Message 2 of 3
syncerepapi
Established Member

Re: Capital One Help?!?!?

@icetrap06 wrote:

I had a traditional platinum card with no perks with them since 2007.  After several requests for rewards/CLI I was finally approved by the exec office.  When they approved, they simply added the rewards program to my platinum card.  Not sure why they wouldnt just issue you the green card seeing you were a new applicant.  Are there any differences in the benefits?

I got her to tell me everything about my card and its the exact same as the cash rewards, yet is is actually the Platinum.  I the same platinum as you since 2005 which I got after BK.  Then in 2011 I got the classic platinum. I knew they would be closed once I paid the DMP off.  With a now 545 EQ Fico, I am definitely happy with the approval as i am trying to rebuild.  Im just curious to if anyone else has experienced this?  Im trying to get my scores up some so that I can apply for NavyFed CC and auto loan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.