Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Help

@DeeBee78 wrote:

"It's hillarious to me theyll give me the keys to a new car, but screw me over for a card with them."

Screw YOU over? You're the one that burned them in a BK, and they're screwing you over? I'm used to entitled BK-er behaviors on this forum, but I think you've just set a new low. 

I had to log right on to "like" your post. OP, Capital One does not owe you a credit line at all after your irresponsible borrowing behaviour. Be happy with what they gave you, study the concept of "secured" and "unsecured" lines and be patient.

Message 11 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Although I agree that there's a sense of 'entitlement' on here at times, I do hesitate to judge people who have been through a bankruptcy on that fact alone.

There are many reasons for bankruptcy that don't involve being irresponsible; illness (either your own or a child/spouse), divorce, job loss, and other things out of one's control can lead to bankruptcy just as easy as being spendthrift... perhaps even easier since being a spendthrift can/should be easily avoidable.

Since the OP didn't mention including Capital One in his bankruptcy and it was a Chapter 13 (rather than Chapter 7) I'm especially hesitant to judge too harshly.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know Uncle B I had to backspace a lot of stuff I almost posted as well. No one knows details, or why people make their decisions but after coming away from BK it's like they are on the winning team and given rockstar access to credit opportunity
Message 13 of 22
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

You stand a better chance of putting biscuits back in a can than you do of getting them to give you a decent CLI. I have a QS1 that I combined with another QS1 last month to get a total limit of $4900 so I could payer bigger invoices with my business. I make 4500 payments a couple of times a month and I got a $250 inrease this past month. 

A word to the wise, take what they gave you and handle it wisely. Show them you learned from your CH13. Then go with a better card once you have a little history. But by all means DO NOT rush this process. It will backfire on you so badly. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 14 of 22
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

"It's hillarious to me theyll give me the keys to a new car, but screw me over for a card with them."

Actually, I do not see in the OP that they burned C1 in the 13. Just that they wanted to get in with them. Unless I missed a post. 

Edit: Gah! I did the same thing you did. lol Disregard. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The entitlement is on 90% of this forum....BK or not. There are complaints of not getting "what I think" I deserve all over this board.
As for BKrs having rock star credit after discharge .......please point me to the post. The most successful BK rebuilds have stemmed from patience and hard work. It did not happen over night.
Message 16 of 22
atst2000
Frequent Contributor

Good lord I have never seen so many hateful negative judgemental reviews from people I dont even know.

I am 100% not entitled thank you.  My now exwife ran up tremendous amounts of debt which forced

us to both file.  Never burned Cap One either.

Seriously guys chill out, it's just a post lol

Message 17 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I had a bk no way do i feel entitled. Im paying for my mistakes, learning the right way to go about things but like UB says, too many tangibles on why one goes bk. Its easy to rip someone a new,-- but i find it best if nothing good can be said constructively, just dont mention it. . My ho for the daySmiley Happy
Message 18 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi all,

Several posts have been removed from this thread as they did nothing to help the OP. All posting must be done in an FSR manner there is no other way, Please review our policies in posting and if one cannot post within the guidelines then they should not be posting at all. Thanks for understanding.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/td-p/2905196

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do I have $40k in credit less than year after discharging 20k in CC's?  Yes.  Do I feel entitled to any of it?  No.  Do I work hard to make the best of a bad situation?  Yes.  Am I a rockstar?  Autographs available on request.  (joking on that one - I don't do autographs)

Joking aside, and getting back on topic:  Capital One responds best to high spend - the more you spend, the more you get.  I can also recommend applying for a second card as a way to boost your lines.  My experience is fully documented in the thread you will find linked in my siggy.

Peace, and Good Luck!

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.