Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One (Income verification?)

tag
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Capital One (Income verification?)

Even though they never increase my CL, even when I tried through the executive office...it's been awhile so I figured I would try hitting the button on the website. I got the dreaded you'll receive a response in the mail so I just figured it was another denial. I almost didn't even open the letter once it arrived, but it turns out it was a request for income verification from them via USPS before they will make a final decision. Anyone else ever had to do this with capital one? If so, what were the results?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One (Income verification?)

That's the first time I've heard of it from Cap1.

Message 2 of 21
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

I applied for their credit card online last month, they send a mail to ask for tax return. 

Message 3 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, although it may sounds surprising from Capital One, but they can request income information like any other lender.

Message 4 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

When my DD apped, they asked for income/tax returns.  She's a grad student and her income is from being a paid intern

Message 5 of 21
JustJen
Regular Contributor

For those of you who had to provide income information, or know of someone who did, what was the result of this?

My Cap1 cards are my lowest limits that I opened while in grad school and they have never grown so a CLI of any kind would be great. I'm hoping that they just don't make me go this extra little step only to still say no!

Message 6 of 21
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

They did it to my mom once for a crappy little $500 card. Hah.

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 21
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@JustJen wrote:

For those of you who had to provide income information, or know of someone who did, what was the result of this?

My Cap1 cards are my lowest limits that I opened while in grad school and they have never grown so a CLI of any kind would be great. I'm hoping that they just don't make me go this extra little step only to still say no!

My DD has received CLI's without asking and/or going the EO route.  She started out at $1500 and a year later she's at $4500 

Message 8 of 21
dap1984va
New Contributor

I would weight the pros and cons of sending in income verificaiton. ..You already took the hard pull, take that into consideration.. You can scroll through the forums for 3 years  4 years and see the small starting limits Capital One is known for..even with "good scores".  Some have had success.. but from reading and personal experience, the ones that have started  Below $1,200 outweight the ones that did not by a lonnngg shot. Think about the HP for the most part.

Message 9 of 21
SanFranPzykho
Established Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

They did it to my mom once for a crappy little $500 card. Hah.

+1

I did apply on September they ask for the income/tax return, I sent it and the applications was approved for $500

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.