Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Interest Credit...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Interest Credit...

Sweet deal! Thanks for sharing your story!

Message 11 of 14
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@dapps06 wrote:

I called and was told I could get a 50 dollar credit because they can't credit anything over that. I'm happy to get something, but again with Cap 1 it's infuriating to be told something that just isn't true.

Thanks for the post though, it did help out.

In the CSR's defense, they might not have had the ability to do more than $50.  Sometimes it's very much YMMV depending on who you get, and if you're willing to ask for an escalation.

I can give you an example of this... in my "past life" I was a CSR, but I also was part of the "supervisor" team (the first person somebody got when they were angry and/or unsatisfied and said "I want a manager!).  When I was taking normal calls, I had a few options available to me that "normal" CSRs didn't have - if someone got a regular CSR and needed supervisor-level assistance they were supposed to be transferred, but this usually only happened if the customer specifically asked for it. 

I made a habit of using all the tools at my disposal to help anyone I could (and of course if they got to me right away no transfer was necessary).  The difference in the service level was generally not noticeable (and most of the 'regular' CSRs were very good) but on the off-chance that I got somebody with specific issues they had one-stop shopping with me (or any other member of the supv. team).  Any other time if a customer had exceptional needs (or requested a supv./manager) they would get transferred to somebody like me, and would be helped.

I only mention this to reinforce that not all CSRs are created equal, even on the "front-line".  Sometimes it's also not just a knowledge issue, either... the system permissions can be different.  I would tell anybody to always ask for an escalation to a supervisor/manager if they feel more can (or should) be done.  Smiley Wink

Message 13 of 14
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Just wanted to chime in... I got on chat today to see about an interest rate reduction and while the rep told me that there wasn't one currently available, she said they do check periodically. I've not read instances of capone lowering apr's but who knows. She was, however, able to refund me $210 in interest that I paid last month! I actually had already paid off a card but she was still able to credit that one back so I'll have a negative balance. Never would have thought to ask if it weren't for this thread!

I successfully combined two cards today and the new limit was available instantly! I had 4 capone cards, it feels good to downsize..

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.