Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Introducing Contactless EMV Cards, *limited*

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Introducing Contactless EMV Cards, *limited*

I personally hate when I check out at a place that requires a chip card to be inserted.  It means the checkout process just doubled or tripled in time.  Not a big deal under normal circumstances (15 seconds vs 5 seconds), but it gets really annoying in high traffic lines.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 11 of 14
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

I have to say, having contactless on my two Amex cards comes in handy at times, less wear and tear!

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I absolutly despise using the chip.. all the time.  1) It takes longer to do what was much faster before. 2)I don't care if someone scams the bank.. Im covered.  the chip does nothing for me except save me a phone call if someone where ever to clone my card and go on a spending spree.. again... the banks problem 3) Ive already had to have three cards replaced because the chip stopped working.  If it aint broke don't fix it...  the chip is annoying.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I absolutly despise using the chip.. all the time.  1) It takes longer to do what was much faster before. 2)I don't care if someone scams the bank.. Im covered.  the chip does nothing for me except save me a phone call if someone where ever to clone my card and go on a spending spree.. again... the banks problem 3) Ive already had to have three cards replaced because the chip stopped working.  If it aint broke don't fix it...  the chip is annoying.

I don't want you to feel like I'm roasting you, but seriously... Why do people in this country resort to something that's the equivlent of the floppy disk? Other countries use the chip literally everywhere and it's fast... It'll get better here over time. 

You're not just covered for fraud out of the goodeness of the bank's heart... You pay for that fraud in one way or another, whether it's higher prices at the store, higher interest rates, or higher fees. 

And it IS broke. 25% of the world's credit cards, but 50% of the overall world fraud right here in the U.S. One country = 50% of the world's fraud, magnetic stripe is a broken system. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.