cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!! Capital One Just Closed All 4 of My Cards !!!

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: !!! Capital One Just Closed All 4 of My Cards !!!

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is easy advice to give, maybe harder to follow!   When talking to the EO (who are generally nice) try to be as polite as possible.    Depending on the real reason (or what they think is real) they may not want to tell you anything , and, as mentioned, they are entitled to close for "business" reasons with no more explanation.   So, ask rather than demand an explanation.

Good luck.

I do agree with this, but OP has already "asked politely" via escaltions dept, and got nowhere. Its time for hard ball in my opinion.  I do agree you can ask politely but firmly to the EO...but the moment they give BS back, it would be time for hard ball. But, thats just me, Im kind of a reactor, LOL.. I usually will give them a chance to step up and be honest, but if they some BS like "wait for letter" which will only say "past, present, or pending legal action", and NO specifics......It would on for me. 

Message 41 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

PM sent. Good luck!!!
Message 42 of 219
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

This is easy advice to give, maybe harder to follow!   When talking to the EO (who are generally nice) try to be as polite as possible.    Depending on the real reason (or what they think is real) they may not want to tell you anything , and, as mentioned, they are entitled to close for "business" reasons with no more explanation.   So, ask rather than demand an explanation.

Good luck.

I do agree with this, but OP has already "asked politely" via escaltions dept, and got nowhere. Its time for hard ball in my opinion.  I do agree you can ask politely but firmly to the EO...but the moment they give BS back, it would be time for hard ball. But, thats just me, Im kind of a reactor, LOL.. I usually will give them a chance to step up and be honest, but if they some BS like "wait for letter" which will only say "past, present, or pending legal action", and NO specifics......It would on for me. 

RIght, but the reality is that you (or rather the OP) has no real power.  So you can play hardball all you like, your cards remain closed and you have to wait for the letter. 

And various things they will NEVER tell you (SARs filed on the banking side, security-imposed closures on the credit card side).  I assume (and hope) that these don't apply to the OP!

Message 43 of 219
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Good luck.

RIght, but the reality is that you (or rather the OP) has no real power.  So you can play hardball all you like, your cards remain closed and you have to wait for the letter. 

And various things they will NEVER tell you (SARs filed on the banking side, security-imposed closures on the credit card side).  I assume (and hope) that these don't apply to the OP!

agree 100% with you LTL Smiley Wink

Message 44 of 219
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

There was another thread but unfortunately without any information on the outcome

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Is-it-LEGAL-for-a-creditor-to-close-your-accou...

Message 45 of 219
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

There was another thread but unfortunately without any information on the outcome

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Is-it-LEGAL-for-a-creditor-to-close-your-accou...

mmmmm, ok, then OP needs to check Lexis Nexis etc... I know certain companies use outside CRA like them for additional information.  It could be coming from them. Like for example..USAA uses info off Lexis Nexis to determine my insurance, because I posted it awhile back when I found them on my reports. 

Message 46 of 219
baller4life
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Wow that's pretty scary. Wish OP had updated thread. They even hired an attorney. SMH. Great idea to also check Innovis and Lexis Nexis. 

Message 47 of 219
Scupra
Super Contributor

Just wanted to echo that I hope this all works out for you!

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 48 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you check Lexis Nexis and Innovis?

I've had credit card companies ask me weird verification questions when getting a card that are actually not correct information (i.e., street I lived on in grade school or a county I never lived in. Luckily, I know the "incorrect" answer they are looking for and provide it, but I wonder where the incorrect information came from), so maybe it would help to take a look there.

Message 49 of 219
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Wow that's pretty scary. Wish OP had updated thread. They even hired an attorney. SMH. Great idea to also check Innovis. Cap One definitely uses them as well.

I guess we will just have to wait to see what OP posts over the next few days. It might take that long to get some sort of resolution one way or another.  Smiley Sad  I feel for OP  thats a huge chunk of CL to be closed. Smiley Sad

Message 50 of 219
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.