cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

!!! Capital One Just Closed All 4 of My Cards !!!

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: !!! Capital One Just Closed All 4 of My Cards !!!

If nothing found on TU, EQ and EX it would also be a good idea to check Innovis and ARS... Cap1 shows up on all 5 of mine Smiley Sad

Message 51 of 219
baller4life
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you check Lexis Nexis and Innovis?

I've had credit card companies ask me weird verification questions when getting a card that are actually not correct information (i.e., street I lived on in grade school. Luckily, I know the "incorrect" answer they are looking for and provide it, but I wonder where the incorrect information came from), so maybe it would help to take a look there.

I believe you can request a copy on their websites. Verification questions come from Lexis Nexis. They report govt info from DMV, Driver's license offices, courthouses,etc.

Message 52 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you check ARS? Had not heard of ARS previously.

Message 53 of 219
baller4life
Super Contributor

ARS and IDA/Sagestream keeps track of all inquiries for Visa and Mastercard. You can request a copy from their websites.

Message 54 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just looked around and found out that SageStream is another? What is SageStream? Never heard of it. This was on doctorofcredit.com.

(Mod Edit - An article from the above referenced site has been removed.   The Forums are meant for user feedback.  Please do not repost copywritten materials, aside from brief quotes in consistency with "fair use".  You may include links to permissable sites.)  

Message 55 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:

ARS and IDA/Sagestream keeps track of all inquiries for Visa and Mastercard. You can request a copy from their websites.

It's kind of disconcerting to know that there are as many as 5 other agencies out there that I've never heard of, applied to, or dealt with that have my personal information - especially when that information is wrong.  Having a county I never lived in listed or a street I never lived on in grade school (ha, luckily I knew the answer to that one) could have tripped me up in verification had I not known the "wrong" answer they were looking for.

Message 56 of 219
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

humuhumunukunukuapuaa wrote:

Just looked around and found out that SageStream is another? What is SageStream? Never heard of it. This was on doctorofcredit.com.

SageStream is IDA or ARS renamed one of the two.. They changed there name, just can't remember which one

Message 57 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's keep this on topic.  A discussion of the various CRAs belongs in General Credit.  Until the OP gets more info from the EO there isn't much more that we can say.

Message 58 of 219
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Let's keep this on topic.  A discussion of the various CRAs belongs in General Credit.  Until the OP gets more info from the EO there isn't much more that we can say.

agree, thanks for reminding Irish!

Message 59 of 219
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually think these companies can be part of the topic if they are places Gregg should check to find out what is going on, so it could be helpful information for him when he checks back in with us.

Message 60 of 219
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.