Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One MTV Platinum

tag
TheQuickening1101
Established Member

Capital One MTV Platinum

I've had an MTV Platinum Visa for 4 years. Good standing, never late. Asked a rep via chat feature for a product change to the Quicksilver and they said that my card was not eligible for any kind of change.

I have had a 750 credit limit for 4 years now! When I hit the CLI button the same answer, "not eligible"

Has anyone had any luck with getting this card changed? or a substantial CLI?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One MTV Platinum

@TheQuickening1101 wrote:

I've had an MTV Platinum Visa for 4 years. Good standing, never late. Asked a rep via chat feature for a product change to the Quicksilver and they said that my card was not eligible for any kind of change.

I have had a 750 credit limit for 4 years now! When I hit the CLI button the same answer, "not eligible"

Try either FB or EO route and they'll call you back and i'm sure they can PC the card for you as well as a decent CLI.  Best of luck!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 8
JoshuaHolySpirit
Frequent Contributor

I have this MTV Visa card since 2011.

Tried the luv button but as you said, ''not eligible for increase''. Went the EO route for CLI, a precious MYFICO-Soul granted me the EO E-Mail via PM and I tried it. Got a reply from EO in a week, yep took them 5 days and then told me to contact them with my 10 digit last acct number, last 4 digits of SSN and birthdate.

Sent it via fax to'em and never heard from them ever since. It has only been a week so I'd give'em time, but not hoping on it.

I have no idea about getting'em PC'd however, never heard anyone doing that yet. Rewards are there and no AF, so ''no hassle really''.........

Capital One QS1, Capital One Journey, Williams-Sonoma Visa, Amex Travelocity, Chase Slate, Amex SPG, Amex Blue Sky, Bank of America Travel Rewards, JCPenney...and more ( Holy Spirit rocks-!! ) TU-Fico-777
Message 3 of 8
MYFYI

I have the same card for over 3 years and decided to try the luv button with the same message "not eligble for an increase" (wish i would have know that before i got the card). Decided to go the EO route and after a few days recived a call back, gave them some info and they gave me $2K increase. So it can definitely be done with this card.

Good Luck

grow seedlings grow
Message 4 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@yudeology101 wrote:

Try either FB or EO route and they'll call you back and i'm sure they can PC the card for you as well as a decent CLI.  Best of luck!

+1

Message 5 of 8
TheQuickening1101
Established Member

What does EO and FB mean?

Message 6 of 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

What does EO and FB mean?

Executive Office and Facebook. If you message their facebook account with your name and contact telephone number they will call you in the next couple of business days. If you do not have a facebook account, you can simply search Cap1 EO on this forum and will find multiple threads with their info.

Message 7 of 8
TheQuickening1101
Established Member

thank you

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.